“Nice hotel, great for access to Terminal 4”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
South Wales
“Nice hotel, great for access to Terminal 4”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this hotel as it was very conveniently placed for an eraly morning flight from Terminal 4. Check in staff were efficiant and courteous. Room was generously sized, clean and well furnished. Bathroom also was clean apart from some black mildew around the edge of the sink. It was a bit of a challenge getting the hot and cold water supply to the shower adjusted to give a comfortable temperature - a temperature control on the shower would be better and safer. Only other gripe was the ubiquitously overpriced mini bar. I live in hope that one day the marketing people at hotels will realise that they'd actually make more money from their mini bars if they didn't price items at 3-4x normal price!!! THe room was quiet and I ghot a good night's sleep ahead of my flight which was my aim when arranging my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear L0mbard0

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned, for the hotel and we will be reviewing our mini bar service.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully again fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

su.mills@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the most convenient hotel at LHR. Not only well located, but with friendly knowledgable staff and all the amenities. We celebrated my husband's birthday there while in transit and they made it a special occasion. Their complimentary shuttle bus to and from terminal 5 is handy and the walkway to terminal 4, with connections to the other terminals is very convenient.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea T

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night, had a lovely meal, room very clean & tidy, first class service and great location to pick up anyone from terminal 4 as they have direct access via a walkway from the hotel. Well worth the stopover when going or coming back from a long flight.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bernard w

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 16, 2013

There is a walkway to the Hotel from Terminal 4 but is a bit of a way if you are lugging a heavy suitcase. The first impression when you walk in is not one you would expect of a Hilton as it appeared quite average. The room was nice, although quite small and my room had two single beds in it. This was fine for me. When I walked in the room the TV was very loud (with the Welcome screen) and I noticed everytime I turned it on it was loud. On the subject of the TV, you can also set an alarm for the TV to automatically turn on to wake you up. The room was comfortable with a good size window, lovely for seeing the snow! I had to ask for an extra blanket as it was cold and there were no spare blankets in the room. I am not sure if it is a british thing or not but there was not sheet on the bed, just a duvet (this was similar to another hotel I stayed at in another part of London). The charge for internet is really expensive but I found out if you go to the lobby it is free if you have your own laptop (I got a card with the sign in details from the food place opposite the bar). I found the food really good and had breakfast included as part of the room package and really enjoyed that, there a few different options and the staff are friendly. The hotel had a pool as part of the fitness centre but I did need to ask how to get there as I was not wanting to walk through the restuarant area on my way to the pool. The room appeared clean but like in another reviewers picture my bath also had big marks on the bottom of it as well. It met my needs and it was nice, just not what you would expect from a Hilton. I needed to get a taxi but instead the hotel organised me a car at a set price which they assured me would be cheaper than a taxi. I believe they overcharged me for this as on return from my other hotel where I stayed at, to the Airport, it was a good ten pound less (same route and even a bit further) so that was dissapointing. There is a small gift shop in the lobby as well if you need to pick some postcards and stamps or some souvenirs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mary W

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a lovely way to start a holiday. Arrived at check in, and had booked an executive room - as worth the price- as you get to use the executive lounge for the canapés/drinks, which are normally between £8-10 a glass in the bar. Also great canapés to nibble if a full meal not required. Yes room are quite tired for executive rooms - but really clean and comfortable to have a peaceful sleep

Room Tip: All rooms are good, as it is a an airport hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Giz

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We really appreciate guests taking the time to add their comments to TripAdvisor or by completing Hilton's on-line guest questionnaire which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your scores are self explanatory and overall advise you had a pleasant stay, should you wish to contact me in relation to any specifics of your stay I'd be happy to hear from you so I can investigate on your behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help.
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was a stopover one night after an exhausting flight back from Sri lanka. Our room cost around £100 with breakfast for two, booked in advance. Checking in was quick and efficient, help was offered with suitcases, we were allowed to take the airport trolley right up to our room. The room was very quet, bed was extremely comfortable, everything exceptionally clean and we had an excellent nights sleep.
In the morning we had breakfast and this was exceptional, not only because of the choice but the quality and presentation of the food was really very good.
Downside? Internet access was very expensive and should be free, so we didn't use it. Room service meals very pricey. Also, although our room was non smoking, there was a strong unpleasant smell of old smoke in the corridor. This is unnecessary as smoking corridors should be kept separate from non smoking, in this day and age, surely? Other than that a dry convenient stopover hotel when you can't yet face the journey back home!
The only other thing to note is that the walk from the terminal is quite long although through a co reed tunnel, so be prepared and if you have luggage, take your airport trolley!

Room Tip: Away from lifts and preferably on a non smoking corridor - see review.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen H

Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great for terminal 4 with direct access through the walkway.

At first glance the posh lobby and restaurant give you the impression you are in for a great experience. However once you see the rooms you realise the hotel is badly needing a refurbishment, which I believe is currently being undertaken. The bed in particular was poor.

However service was good, and the food served in the meeting room was quality.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Luke W

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us. We are currently refurbishing the rooms in the hotel and I am sure that you be pleased with the result.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

su.mills@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!