“Less than I expected from a Hilton”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Location was great if you are in T4. The common area of the hotel was nice but the room was quite dated. It served my overnight purpose but ill definitely look at other hotels should I have to stay overnight at heathrow again

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Public Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Qwicker1985

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were a little unhappy with the accommodtion at the hotel but I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment now taking place of all the hotel bedrooms.

Should you wish to contact me regarding any other aspect of your stay please do not hesitate to contact me on su.mills@hilton.com

Kind regards

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before our flight and it was brilliant value and so easy to access T3 where we were flying from.
Checkout was supposed to be 12noon but without prompting on our part, this was extended to 1pm as that's when we'd plan to set off. A nice touch.
Plenty of parking spaces and of a good size.
Use hotel postcode for Sat Nav and it'll literally take you to the front door of the hotel, however signage is also excellent anyway, just takes the stress out of driving around that area if you're not familiar with it

• Stayed: February 2013
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear SuntanMan10

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for the useful tips for travellers arriving at the hotel.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Another excellent stay at the T4 Hilton. Welcomed again as a Hilton Honours member, sorted mt preferred room out and the extra pillows I asked for were in the room already.
Concierge fantastic, sorted out the transfer to Terminal 3 as the Heathrow Express wasn't working when that early in the morning.
Dinner in the restaurant/bar was excellent. It really feels welcoming every time I walk through the door.
I look forward to going back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on south side a little quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear emirates123

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed for one night before an early flight back to the US. I was looking for a hotel that was easy to get to and that was part of the Hilton Honors chain. I was greeted at check in as a Hilton Honor member and check in was quick and convenient.
I got a room on the executive floor, which included access to the Executive lounge. The room, on the 5th floor was as expected, clean tidy, contemporary. The bathroom was well laid out and was a wet room with a walk-in shower. The executive lounge was excellent, including the snacks and free drinks. I also ate in the Italian restaurant which was good.Breakfast was again in the executive lounge and a I was very surprised with the choice of food available. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon with OJ and a cafe Latte for breakfast was a great start to the day.

The hotel is well signposted from Terminal 4, which is becoming a bit of a ghetto terminal in my opinion, now that BA have moved to T5 but that is nothing to do with the hotel. The hotel is connected to T4 via a long covered tube, which is a good 10 minute walk. I needed to get to terminal 1 in the morning and walked to T4 and then took the free underground train to get to T1. The only negative is that where the walkway ends you have a 50yd walk along the side of the hotel, which seems to be the smokers corner and doesn't give the best first impression of the hotel.

All in all a great stay and my favorite hotel at Heathrow.

Room Tip: I have stayed here a number of times and have never had a bad room. All are very well insulated from...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Tim F

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived into Heathrow from the US at 6:15am and were through Passport control and had our luggage by 7. Consequently we arrived at the hotel around 7:15am. We were pleasantly surprised that they found a room for us and checked us in. We were given access to the Executive Lounge and were able to get some breakfast! Our room was great, very comfortable. There is wifi through out the hotel but unfortunately it is very temperamental and we had a hard time staying online even long enough to check email. We will return to this hotel, in fact are already booked for our last night in London!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mmbecker

Thanks for a great review. We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are planning to find a hotel near London Heathrow where you hope to get some work done via Internet, this hotel will leave you disappointed. while otherwise a nice hotel with fine rooms, standard hotel amenities, and professional service, the wifi service, is not only Not Free, but also hardly usable. In my recent visit, it would not stay connected for more than 10-15 minutes, without requiring a relogin.

Dear Fred F

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is an enhancement to the BT Openzone service to the hotel and this is being programmed as I write. I am sorry that you were unable to connect to the wifi system satisfactorily on your stay and do hope you spoke with our Front Office for assistance at the time.

If I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me on su.mills@hilton.com

Kind regrds

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very business oriented hotel close to the Terminal 4 at Heathrow. Service was very businesslike and friendly as you would expect at hilton. Check in and check out was fast, also the needed adapter was found from the consierges desk fast, on 10 pound deposit.

The room on the 1st floor had a view to a highway ramp and grass, and could had as well been in the basement. Probably better views and therefore also athmorphere from the rooms on higher floors. Room itself clean and decorated in a very businesslike way. No plugin for a hairdryer in the bathroom was a minus.

Breakfast was as you would expect, lot of choice. Buffet lunch was definately above average in a business hotel. Meeting services were good, fresh coffee was always awailable with something small to eat. The water served could have been served cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors to avoid the feeling of being in the basement.

Dear Kirre

With regards and many thanks again,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!