“Hilton at Terminal 4”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived into Heathrow from the US at 6:15am and were through Passport control and had our luggage by 7. Consequently we arrived at the hotel around 7:15am. We were pleasantly surprised that they found a room for us and checked us in. We were given access to the Executive Lounge and were able to get some breakfast! Our room was great, very comfortable. There is wifi through out the hotel but unfortunately it is very temperamental and we had a hard time staying online even long enough to check email. We will return to this hotel, in fact are already booked for our last night in London!

• Stayed: February 2013
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Mmbecker

Thanks for a great review. We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are planning to find a hotel near London Heathrow where you hope to get some work done via Internet, this hotel will leave you disappointed. while otherwise a nice hotel with fine rooms, standard hotel amenities, and professional service, the wifi service, is not only Not Free, but also hardly usable. In my recent visit, it would not stay connected for more than 10-15 minutes, without requiring a relogin.

Dear Fred F

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is an enhancement to the BT Openzone service to the hotel and this is being programmed as I write. I am sorry that you were unable to connect to the wifi system satisfactorily on your stay and do hope you spoke with our Front Office for assistance at the time.

If I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me on su.mills@hilton.com

Kind regrds

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very business oriented hotel close to the Terminal 4 at Heathrow. Service was very businesslike and friendly as you would expect at hilton. Check in and check out was fast, also the needed adapter was found from the consierges desk fast, on 10 pound deposit.

The room on the 1st floor had a view to a highway ramp and grass, and could had as well been in the basement. Probably better views and therefore also athmorphere from the rooms on higher floors. Room itself clean and decorated in a very businesslike way. No plugin for a hairdryer in the bathroom was a minus.

Breakfast was as you would expect, lot of choice. Buffet lunch was definately above average in a business hotel. Meeting services were good, fresh coffee was always awailable with something small to eat. The water served could have been served cold.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors to avoid the feeling of being in the basement.

Dear Kirre

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel itself is very good as far as airport hotels go. Modern and functional with a good choice of restaurants within the hotel. The location is not quite as expected. It is somewhat distant from terminal 4, linked to it via a very very long walkway. There is a shuttle from the hotel, but only to Terminal 5. I was flying from T3 and I asked the concierge the best way to get there, he said via taxi which is a bit dissapointing for a hotel which is supposed to be linked to the airport, this makes it little different from the hotels around the airport which are not connected. Good hotel though, best for those flying in and out of T4 or T5.

Dear bjm20

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and note your comments regarding transfers from our hotel to Terminals 1 and 3. We are currently looking at improving our service in this respect and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We decided to spent one night in Heathrow prior to heading north to visit friends. After looking at hotels on Trip-advisor decided on the Hilton mainly due to the convenience of the walkway.
We were greeted with a warm welcome at check in (which was fast) given a run-down of the amenities and were on our way to our room.
The room was clean, tidy and a reasonable size, the shower was very nice and the bed comfortable, That night we dined in house at "Oscars" we found quite a good menu and the food was excellent.
FYI, we had a portion of fish & chips and a Hilton burger with two espresso style coffees which came to a total of 48.71 pounds.
Not cheap but in-line with what you would expect from the Hilton.
The following morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet which we found to have plenty of choice and very satisfying, once again pretty much what you'd expect from A Hilton or Embassy Suites property.
On all my previous visits to London I have always made my way to the final destination (Stevenage) without ever considering a nights stopover, possibly fool hardy after a 27hr flight from Auckland, but this experience combined with the covered walkway has me very much converted.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AucklandPaul

Dear AucklandPaul

Thank you for your review. We were pleased you enjoyed your stay and you felt we were a top score. Keep travelling safely and we hope to see you soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for just one night prior to our flight from Heathrow to the US the following day. We were really pleased with all aspects of the hotel. The rooms were in good shape and well equipped. We ate a quick late meal in the bar which was perfect. We were travelling from Terminal 4 so it was great to walk through the tunnel to check-in within 5 mins.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear ceroma

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you and your family back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We'd stayed at this hotel before a few years ago and, although we live in London, it reduces the stress of getting the family out the door and to the airport, so we decided to do it again before a trip to New York. I had the family of 2 adults, 2 young children (4 years/18 months) and my father with me. I knew about the walk to the hotel so that didn't surprise me.

What did surprise me was that we arrived at about 3pm and were told that our rooms weren't ready. Given that I'm a Hhonors Gold member, and that our son needed his afternoon nap I wasn't terribly impressed.

The rooms themselves were fine, nothing extraordinary. The children did enjoy the swimming pool but when we reached the bottom of the stairs to the gym/pool there were 2 doors - the one I opened had "Danger live - Emergency lighting circuits". I reported this to reception but it still hadn't been locked over 24 hours later.

My father and I had dinner on the ground floor - we both had eggs benedict which took well over 30 minutes to arrive, are were not even luke warm but cold (and served on cold plates). We did comment on this and were told they could be made freshly again but as we didn't fancy another 30 minute wait we took them as they were. At least they knocked a bit off the food bill.

Contrast that with dinner in the executive lounge the next morning - I took a plate from a pile and it was literally scalding hot (blistered fingers - ouch!). I raised this with a member of staff who said that there should have been a sign there, looked and saw there wasn't, and went away to get it. I bet that didn't end up in the accident book either......

The shuttle bus to T5 was good, and the journey uneventful.

The main redeeming thing that saved it from a 1 rating was that my father left his scarf in the room, they e-mailed me whilst I was in New York, and have said that they will send it to him (although it hasn't arrived yet). I'm not a regular moaner (second 2 rating in 5 years!) but Hilton Heathrow you really could pull your socks up.

Overall one of the less positive trips I've had to a Hilton hotel, and certainly a lot worse than the last time I was there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear London_Andy

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport via Trip Advisor which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We have corresponded by email and can confirm that a full internal review has taken place regarding the risk you highlighted to us and the appropriate action taken. Please be assured that we do take very seriously feedback such as that given by you.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully again fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!