“Convenient location”

Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed one night before our flight to the US and booked a parking package with the room. The hotel is in good shape and there is a covered walkway which allows easy access to Terminal 4 - it takes 5 - 10 mins to walk to the terminal depending on how fast/slow you walk. The hotel does have a shuttle bus that can take you to the airport if you prefer and they also have a golf cart that shuttles people to the terminal through the covered walkway. The room was comfortable (not huge but adequate) and clean with tea/coffee making facility and in-room safe. We did not hear any noise from the lobby (our 3rd floor room looked down on the lobby) and no noise from planes either. The AC unit was a bit noisy. For those parking their vehicle here for the duration of their vacation, the car stays where you parked it and you can hold onto the key which is a plus because you can put your overnight bag in the car on the morning of your flight. Our car was exactly where we left it with the addition of some leaves and some birds had obviously enjoyed themselves bombarding it whilst it was parked there for 2 weeks. The reception staff were pleasant and the porter/bellhop was a cheery chap, very helpful and attentive. The hotel is expensive and whilst it is very conveniently located, the price is quite steep. We have stayed at other cheaper airport hotels with parking in the Heathrow area and they were very adequate - however they didn't have the convenience of being able to walk to the terminal and we had to shell out for a taxi or pay for the hoppa bus. So I guess the moral of the story is you pay for convenience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators - this is an airport hotel and people will be coming and g...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sylvia_Ross, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear DeeLittleHobo

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,141)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I only stayed one night, but we were really disappointed with our room. For a price of approx $230, we got a small room with a filthy bathroom! The tub was full of stains (see photo) and the remainder of the bathroom was not much better. The only reason I would recommend this hotel is if you really, really need the convenience of being able to walk to terminal four.

1  Thank lovind97
Sylvia_Ross, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear lovind97

Thank you for posting a comment on TripAdviser following your stay with us. It is very disappointing to read that a guest is dissatisfied with our service and I would be grateful if you could drop me an email to let me know that date of your stay and the surname on the booking.
I would like to investiate this matter further.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you are flying from Terminal 4 at London Heathrow then stay here. The hotel is linked by a covered walk way, and the convenience is so great. The rooms are lovely and large. Restaurant is very good although a bit pricey - but all very good.

Dear CherryCardiff

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Upgraded to the Executive floor on check in but the real Bennie was lounge access. They have lots of Appetizers and the free bar makes for a light meal. Staff is very efficient and helpful in the lounge. As a Gold HHonors member, I was granted access.

The 5 minute walk through the covered walkway to Delta Check In was a pleasure since I did not have to navigate the maze that is Heathrow.

This time my room overlooked the walkway. not as nice as my previous visits where it gave a view of the interior of the hotel and the huge atrium. Bed was very comfortable and the room spacious fro a London hotel.

Front desk staff on check in and out were excellent.

The Hotel is an easy walk from the Heathrow Train stop. I recommend the Heathrow Connect over the Heathrow Express since it is cheaper and both run to Paddington. the tube is the cheapest but takes much longer than either train.

I usually stay here at the night before departure and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can get an "interior room" the view is better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear skibuff

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at The Hilton at Heathrow's Terminal 4 recently. I had an early ish flight from T3 and didn't want to have to leave home at the crack of dawn so looked around for a good value hotel at Heathrow. I try to avoid shuttle buses if possible which narrowed the choices somewhat but managed to pick up a room here via Lastminute.com com top secret hotels for just over £70 including full breakfast which I thought was pretty good value for a midweek night.
From the Terminal it is around a 5 minute walk down an enclosed (apart from the last few yards) walkway. Check in was quick and efficient with a pleasant receptionist. The room wasn't huge but was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had free wifi as a member of HHonors but would be reluctant to pay the £13 or so which was being asked. Why is it that the more expensive hotels charge a lot for wifi but the more budget ones often include it free?
I ate in the bar at night , and whilst it wasn't cheap , it was good and service was fine. Breakfast in the morning was excellent - there is a good buffet of hot and cold items and a friendly , helpful and super efficient hostess keeping everything ticking over.
The journey from T4 to T3/T1 can be made free of charge by use of the Heathrow Express which runs every 15 mins . To get to T5 you would need to change onto another (free) train at T3/T1 but there is a shuttle bus from the hotel itself which would probably be easier.
In summary then I could recommend this hotel not just for Terminal 4 but for 1 and 3 as well. Make sure to look out for the best deals and you could enjoy a quality and comfortable stay without breaking the bank.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear mountainmichael

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting the various ways to travel to and from the hotel from the various terminals. We do have full details on our web site but it is always good when a guest highlights the benefits, thank you.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have reviewed the Hilton London Heathrow Airport before. I stay there every time I need to fly from Heathrow. It's very convenient and I think it is a truly excellent airport hotel.

One difference this time however is that I always fly BA, and of course now they fly from T5, while the Heathrow Hilton is at T4. That's a surprising distance, but the Hilton provide a free shuttle service every half hour from T5 to the hotel and back. The shuttle is every half hour so if you just miss one it's annoying, but I don't see the hotel can do more. I see that there is now a new Hilton at T5, so in future I will probably stay there.

But back to my stay at the T4 hotel. It was as good as ever. The rooms are very comfortable, and amazingly quiet. We stayed on the executive floor - I think it's worth it for those little extras, and you get a free breakfast, as well as drinks in the evening. Service as ever was impeccable.

I wish I knew where Hilton got their beds from. They are the most comfortable in which I've ever slept.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Homelovinguy

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. We really appreciate guests taking the time to add their comments to TripAdvisor.

Although you advise you had a pleasant stay, should you wish to contact me in relation to any specifics of your stay I'd be happy to hear from you so I can investigate on your behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help.

Regards

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We got here from Terminal 3 by taking a free Heathrow Express train to Terminal 4 and then walking for a few minutes. The hotel itself, although convenient, is overpriced as to room and food, however, and, unlike any other Hilton we have seen on three continents, the business center is open for only 12 hours a day. More modest hotels in smaller cities at least offer 24-hour access to computers, which have become very important to modern travelers. This Hilton does provide two rather cramped stations for printing boarding passes. Still, a club sandwich has no business costing nearly $20.

Dear BornTooLoose

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,