Heathrow Palace
$66
Agoda.com
$122
Travelocity
Travelodge London Hounslow(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
$40
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Heathrow Central(Hounslow)(Great Value!)
$34
$45
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Good hotel, wifi 24hrs for free, food and drinks 24 hrs for free, friendly staff and clean rooms!
Thank s Mr. Adam (Manager), mr. Amim and Mr.Jerry for all help and support during my stay.

I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2012

So I needed a place to stay, close to Heathrow, clean, no hidden extras like parking charges or silly prices for a bottle of water, and I read that this place would also throw in the warm welcome. Well, it's all true, with a lovely clean little room, with ensuite bath and shower, great view of the jets coming in to land right over the house (!) and the amazingly friendly staff who made a solo traveler like me feel like I'd already arrived home. Cereal, milk, bread and jams, fruit and fruit juice available 24 hours/day, I had a nice little snack before bed and a good breakfast, before setting off with a couple of pieces of fruit and a bottle of water for the road, all generously provided by the Heathrow Palace. If you don't mind the noise of the planes, you could not fault this place or its wonderful staff. Except, strangely, the phones didn't seem to be working very well while I was there, but that was the only inconvenience I experienced.

Room Tip: I had the front room upstairs, very nice, don't know about the other rooms though.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel, more of a B&B set-up, for 3 nights with two small children. The room was clean, spacious, and they had a nice English Breakfast in the morning. It wasn't the best place we have stayed, but for the price, especially expensive London, it worked for a family of 4. We stayed in the quadruple room, which did have a lot of noise coming from the breakfast area. I did like the added perk of a snack bar, water and juice being offered 24/7, so when we got back from a long journey in London, it was very nice to have a snack there for the children.

The family who runs this hotel were very, very gracious, accomodating and friendly. At first glance, the neighborhood looks a bit run-down, but we walked around there at night and never saw anything to lead to such a conclusion.

The bus stop is about a 5 minute walk, you have to cross the busy street to catch it going to the Metro Station to head into London. On the way back to the hotel, it will drop you off on the correct side of the road by the hotel. There is a McDonalds/Burger King nearby, the only decent place to eat in the area, so make sure you eat dinner in the city before heading back.

The Metro ride is about 20-25 minutes, depending on your stop.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PixieTravelGuRu
Reviewed November 21, 2011

£39 for a single room.

Room was tiny about 6 foot x 10 foot, no desk, bedside cabinet, or chair. One usable power point.
En-suite bathroom was across a passage way. Bathroom was appalling - dirty, taps wrongly marked, shower broken, no plug in the sink, mould on the walls and tiny towels.
Room carpet needs replacing - has ? vomit stains on it.

Only good points were free (but slow) wifi internet and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Well, it WAS cheap, considering there were 3 of us. I don't think, though, that the people leaving such glowing reviews stayed in the triple room, which needs WORK. We're the types of travelers that are happy to trade luxury for a solid base of cleanliness, comfort, and service.
All of these things were lacking for us. Ready?
Cleanliness:
The shower was moldy, dark, and small- so unpleasant, in fact, that I couldn't make myself use it. I'm comfortable saying that the bathroom was all around bad. THEN we found a bunch of trash in one of the drawers (that was promptly and apologetically removed by the staff member). Moving on to the more public areas, one of my party pointed out, laughing, that if all they serve is ceral and coffee for breakfast, what the hell could have kept them from getting that 5th food hygiene star?! Well, by the end of our stay, we knew- not only was the table we sat at dirty (and made up, so there was clearly no intent to further clean before breakfast) the night we arrived, but the table we sat at the next morning was also dirty, with the cherry on the cake of this experience being that one of us noticed that the napkin meant for him to use was actually already used.

Comfort:

Though the duvets and throw pillows were nicely presented and as far as I remember, the bed was comfortable, there was a super, SUPER bright light outside our window, making it hard for any of us to get to sleep (we put a towel up to try to block some of it).

Service:

The main area of the hotel was the reception desk with a couch behind us and the breakfast area to one side (right by our room, actually). Said couch was always taken up by the person at reception watching loud films on the huge tv, and talking on his cell phone leaving us to sit at a dirty table in the breakfast area.

Honestly, about half an hour after we arrived, we were looking up other hotels that we could possibly switch to, but almost all hotels in the area were booked. If you're booking with some notice, book somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't get the triple.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family