“Glad to Revisit”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Glad to Revisit”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

In contrast to my disappointment on the previous day in my visit to a Lebanese Restaurant where I found the food bland and disappointing my return visit to the Karahi Express was just the opposite.

The Tandoori Mix Grill with its Seekh Kebabs, Chicken Tikka, Chicken Wings and Lamb Chops was little short of awe inspiring. With Garlic Chilli Prawns, Mixed vegetables and Mushroom it was a veritable feast. The meal was concluded with a Feluda for desert. I cannot praise the quality or cooking enough and look forward to my next visit to west London.

The restaurant appears to be constantly busy which may be the reason that the service is only average with waiting staff that have a take it or leave it attitude rather than attempting to be attentive.

• Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“good food, but misleading”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food at this place is cheap and cheerful, but is also very good. Another great thing is that you can take your own alcohol to consume. I would recommend this place, but be warned that they do falsely advertise that they take amex as a payment method, on the last few occasions I've been they make excuses as to why they cannot accept it, yet continue to advertise that they accept it. Apart from this issue, I would recommend this as the food is very good.

Visited May 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Slipping away”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This place used to be a favourite of mine, but on my last visit the butter chicken I ordered wasn't up to scratch, the mixed grill however was lovely, lamb chops were perfect

“Good Quality, Good Quantity!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm from a punjabi background therefore me and my family are really picky when it comes to indian restaurants. This place understands punjabi food, right down to the flavouring, spice and cooking style. Also you get the best portion sizes. We have never finished a whole meal in one sitting. We always take home leftovers which still taste amazing the next day.

The atmosphere is what I would describe as comfortable. You see groups of young lads, families, auntijis, unclejis, work peeps -everyone. Its always buzzing. At times you got loud bhangra music playing, but they will turn it down for you if its too loud.

You can come in your jeans and hoodie, or you can dress up casual smart. You wouldn't come here in a sari or formal dress as this is not a place of elegance or formality. You come to EAT and enjoy your food and chill out.

I always recommend this place. Anyone I have taken here has loved it and is always up for going again. I'm getting married soon and the caterer I picked does good food, but not great. I'm going to try and take him to this restaurant to give him an idea of how punjabi food should be.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food lamb is so hard and not even properly cooked”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Food is bad.old and not even properly cooked .Cleaning standards are poor and staff has an attitude.

• Visited June 2014