“Gem hiding in plain sight!!”
Review of Karahi Express

Karahi Express
Ranked #55 of 391 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was taken to Karahi Express by some work friends while visiting one of the company offices nearby. I was warned the place looked more kebab-shop/cafe but this did not bother me in the slightest. If anything it makes it more of a social occasion and I really liked it, great for friends and families alike! Its a bring-your-own-booze establishment, something I had never done before and initially it felt a bit weird for me but soon the owner came over to take the order and he was brilliant. He instantly put me at ease & made some recommendations for starters including the mixed grill which turned out to be an amazing mix of onions, chilli, chicken, shish kebab and lamb chops. Gorgeous!

For the mains I had the Karahi Lamb with Pilau Rice and Garlic Naan. Awesome combination and there was so much meat in the curry, the value for money was excellent. It tasted fantastic, absolutely brilliant, perfect flavoring, meat cooked to perfection.

Throughout our visit the staff were great, the other customers in the place were nice and there was plenty interaction between strangers going on all over the place, it was a brilliant atmosphere, everybody was having a great time, its the staff that make this and probably what keeps people coming back. It might be 500miles from home but I will find my way back there, I can't wait!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

All the dishes we had (jeera rice, lamb karahi and saag paneer) seemed to lack in salt. Service was decent, but doubt we're going back. Wasn't too busy but we went early on a weeknight.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

found this place a number of years ago with friend's and hand's down is the best Indian food i have ever tried been back many times and never had a bad experience great for couples or friends the atmosphere is friendly and the staff are brilliant always great value for money had a ton of food and for 5 people come to 20 quid each!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Mixed grill is still very good however the curry dishes are far too oily. This is probably due to the fact they re-use the cooking oil, witnessed by hubby and me. Toilet are disgusting. Wine was horrid, tasted like cordial so definitely take your own bottle. Service is slow because they are so busy.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

It has one of the best authentic Indian non-vegetarian options out there. Service is stupendous and quick and food is real tasty. Starters are awesome too. Price is very reasonable and quantity is great.