“wonderful”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“wonderful”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have been here on numerous occasions and the food is consistently excellent. The Garlic & Chilli Nans are the best in the business and the Chicken Dansak is to die for. Everything is so full of taste it will bring you back again, would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone

• Visited February 2013

“Good food - noisy venue”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great food, I strongly recommend the mixed grill and fish starters they are delicious. One of the best I've had in any Indian restaurant, tasted fresh lots of flavour and not at all dry.

For mains we had the butter chicken and karahi chicken which were both good, and the palak paneer and vegetable dish which were on the greasy side. The naan are very tasty and not too chewy.

As others have said it is a BYOB place which means that there is a long wait for a table as people tend to stick around and pop out to refresh on the alcohol hence tables are limited.

The other issue we had is that after waiting for half an hour for a table, after 5 minutes another table was placed right up close to ours where clearly there wasn't room for another table.
This meant that we couldn't move freely or indeed at all and very restricted while eating. Even though the food is good the tight seating is not great. However having said that we have visited several times and will no doubt return and have to put up with the tight seating.

• Visited August 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

on arrival with my friends the place was ram packed !!!! and i can see why! the food was delivered quickly and was full of taste. all meat dishes were cooked with what seemed excellent quality of meat, the mixed grill was of a hreat standard. have visited many times since, new to trip advisor hence the late upload

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID THIS PLACE THEY OVER LOOK THEIR COOKED FOOD!!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

7 days ago my dad bought some takeaway Lamb Karahi dish which I ate and immediately tasted blood in my mouth but I stupidly ignored this due to having liked the masala taste I should had spat it out!

Now I'm suffering for a week so far I've lost weight and muscle mass not particularly good for me as I'm into bodybuilding I have stomach cramps & keep getting continual Diarrhoea

Avoid this place I agree with other peoples posts here as the food is drowned with oil and majority of the dishes are brown in colour which is too much Masala added over enriched

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank raj s
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, mad busy place!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We go here to eat often, and are sometimes the only white faces in the restaurant, which is always packed full of noisy happy diners. If you have to wait you can watch the unflappable chefs at work. The food is really tasty and always plentiful- but don't go here if you want quiet romantic one on one time!

• Visited April 2013