“Nice place to crash in the night if you have an early morning flight out of Heathrow”

easyHotel London Heathrow
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you have an early flight to catch from London Heathrow Airport or you just landed at Heathrow and you need a place to crash, this is a great budget option. You have to take the Hotel Hoppa H8 to get there. If you choose to take a cab, it works out to GBP 16. It takes about 5 - 7 minutes by cab. The check in was quick and efficient. There was no problem. For those arriving early, please bear in mind that this hotel has a 3 pm check in and a 10 am check out. The room and the hotel were both clean. The room is spacious (I had a double room with a window). There are no closets to store your luggage but the room has sufficient space for that purpose. If you are into plane spotting, get a room with a window facing the airport. You can watch the planes land into Heathrow. The bathroom is small. There is a shower curtain to separate the shower but is fails miserably. There is a small exhaust fan on top of the shower. Wifi is free for the first 30 minutes. If you want to watch TV, you need to get the remote from the reception by paying a deposit of GBP 5. Extra towels are available but subject to a charge. There is no room service. There are a couple of vending machines at the reception. You can also buy a diner/lunch box at the reception. Also the reception has the menu cards from a few restaurants nearby and you can order your food from there and they will deliver it to your room. You will need to use your mobile phone. There are no phones in the room. Everything was fine but the bathroom...no I didn't have a problem with the size of the bathroom. It was the shower curtain. It was stinking. The check out was a breeze. You can prebook a taxi when you check it. The hotel has some arrangements with the taxi companies and I ended up pay just GBP 7 for my return journey to Terminal 3 while my journey from Terminal 3 to the hotel cost me GBP 16.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank udalvr
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
many-2 thanks for your appreciation, when i shared your experience with my staff, all of them are very happy.
Very special thanks for your notification as you came out with some very important suggestions.
we are looking forward for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night. All in all for what you pay you can't grumble, although if I had paid more it would have been 1 star. Really to say the rooms are small is an understatement, very tiny and cabin-feverish. The beds are very uncomfy as it's like sleeping on a rock and the shower area is suitable if your about 8 stone and 5ft tall...

The staff were fine, receptionist was nice enough so no issues there however what is with the 3pm check in? My flight arrived in at 8am... and got there earlier than expected and only realised that as EVERY hotel I have ever stayed at has been a 12pm check in and usually a 10am check out. 3pm?? So to check in a couple of hours early they charged me an extra £15.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Lets face it £71 for a night before flying and 9 days worth of car parking is not bad. This is a very basic hotel at a very basic price. It serves its purpose very well. there is a great pub down the road offering good beers and reasonable food. You pre book your hopper bus on arrival and it is there on time for you the next morning and drops you off outside the terminal about 15 mins latter. The return journey is much the same and costs £8 return.
I had a room with no window, it's what i imagine a comfortable prison cell is like with ensuite wet room.
I'd defiantly use it again .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Typical of minimalist hotel - a sort of pre-built unit for every room, but bed comfortable, clean sheets and surroundings. Excellent, if tiny shower. 5 minute walk to main road and 140 bus direct to Central Bus station at Heathrow or £4 each for a taxi. Leave your car for rate £6 and it stays there.
Small TV and no tea / coffee in room, but very helpful staff at reception.

Room Tip: Don't park under the trees - inhabited by many birds!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time out of your precious time and leaving us your feedback. It is true that we do not have tea / coffee facilities inside the rooms but we do have a self service kitchen on the site. You can have complimentary tea/coffee from the Reception anytime you like. I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback. we look forward to see you again.

Saad Iqbal
Manorbier, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

For the price and knowing the "easy" policy, my expectations were not high.

Having misplaced my directions I tried calling reception (02088979237) but "number unobtainable", however the following morning it was working. My SatNav would not locate the hotel, even when I entered the full address as directed by the website. Managed to locate by searching for "Brickfield Lane".

Very warm welcome from reception staff who recommended a nice local (White Hart, Harlington) and took my parking fee of £6.00 - none of this sign in and and settle up on departure malarky!

Check in from 15:00 out by 10:00, extension to check out at discretion of reception.

Room is very basic and plasticy, reminds me of a caravan, the shower/loo are very very small. The room I had was good for single occupancy, I was told there is a larger family room? Double bed was very comfortable. Only 2 thin pillows supplied (extras can be obtained from reception, maybe be at a cost?). Room was clean apart from a very long cobweb by the spotlights. The room had a window!

Rooms are cleaned after departure or if staying longer than one knight you can purchase various extra cleaning options.

Flat screen TV but you have to pay £15 deposit for remote.

No Tea & Coffee making facilities, info in room says complimentary Tea available from reception - it's not. Vending machines provide snacks and drinks, £1 for a cup of Tea. I located an area that has a kettle and microwave, so if you have your own supplies you can make drinks. A Breakfast box is available from reception £5 and Diner box £10 to be nuked - not tried either.

WiFi is available in room, £1.50 for an hour £2 for 2 hrs £3.50 for 4 hrs £7 for 24 hrs. Internet also available in the lobby from £1.50.

Reception can arrange the usual transport connections.

Good value and reasonably comfortable if solo.

Recommend? Yes if solo and aware of limitations.

Star rating based on 4* but -2* for having to pay for WiFi

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I have read your review thoroughly and I would like to clear some points.

1) If the number was unobtainable, the receptionist must be busy with the guest or busy over the other line.
2) The charges for the parking i.e. £6.00 are mentioned on all the websites and you must have been given the parking voucher and asked to leave it on the dashboard of the car.
3) I truly believe there are few rooms where the pillows are very thin. I have replaced the thin pillows with the new pillows. We do not charge for extra pillows you should have asked the receptionist.
4) The deposit for the TV is £5.00 not £15.00, You should have asked on the reception.
5) You can have complimentary tea from the Reception, there is no point leaving the kettle in the self service if we can not provide you with tea making facilities. You can ask for Complimentary tea as many times as you like.
6) The WiFi prices have been revised and you can have a 24 hour voucher for just £5.00. I believe these prices have been revised after your stay.

If there is any confusion you can contact me directly on my email address i.e. gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk.

Saad Iqbal.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Small 7' x 7' room, with bathroom ensuite and flatscreen tv. Cozy and compact, feels like living in a spaceship. Hotel is close to London Heathrow Airport. Hotel amenities include 30 minutes of free wifi, free tv, hairdryer, first sets of linen and towels, a small exercise room, a small dining room and two vending machines.

Only issue was the shower didn't drain thoroughly - had to live with a wet bathroom floor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback, I have thoroughly reviewed your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you faced a problem during your stay at easyHotel London Heathrow. I have advised the maintenance team to check all the drains and sort the problem asap. Once again accept my apologies. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The concept of the EasyHotel to me is straight forward, provide a basic, though small, functional room that enables a Traveller to get a good night’s sleep and use bathroom facilities in the comfort of their own space at a reasonable price.

I have been using the EasyHotel at Heathrow Airport on and off for about 12 months now when I have to be in the office for consecutive days, and have done this as it’s on my own dime, so cheap and functional is fine. At the beginning I found that the experience matched the original concept however in my most recent visits I have found that it’s gone from being the EasyHotel to the SleazyHotel.

My primary complaints are down to maintenance and cleanliness of the room and what I find now is that there are 4 primary problems and these have been common to both rooms I have stayed in.

1. The extractor fan in each of the bathrooms does not work which means that the bathroom maintains a constant dampness. If you leave the bathroom door open then this permeates through the whole room.

2. If you put your head over the sink to brush your teeth, the stench coming from the sinkhole is nauseating.

3. When you shower the unit does not drain and floods the entire pod leaving the entire floor area wet making it difficult to perform post shower activities such as shaving, brushing teeth etc.

4. The cleanliness of the bathroom is poor, and considering that you can personally rub the mold off the wall means it isn’t even getting a basic watered down bleach spray on the surfaces between changes of occupancy.

All in all this means you end up staying in a damp smelly room with a bathroom that was challenging enough due to its size being made worse by the basics of drainage and cleanliness.

This could be resolved through some basic maintenance, such as fixing the fans and clearing the drains, along with a better cleaning standard which would provide an overall better experience.

I did raise the problems with the hotel on this current visit of 3 nights but no action was taken.

As it stands I will now revert back to using hotels such as the Travelodge that at least maintain a reasonable standard of maintenance and cleanliness, and although I will probably have to pay a bit extra, say £5-15 per night, depending on the date, at least the basic levels of functionality and cleanliness will be delivered to a standard that I find acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for contacting me directly. I have read your message and I apologize for the inconvenience, I have jotted down all your complaints and I have personally taken action against your complaint. As you have explained this is not the first time and on three instances you had the same issue. All the shower drains & sink holes have been thoroughly cleaned. just a couple of extractors needs to be replaced which I believe will be replaced by the end of the week. You can try one more time and I will make sure you will feel the same when you came to easy hotel the first time. For any issue you can contact me directly on gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk

Saad Iqbal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Travelodge Heathrow Central
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!