“Great for an overnight stay”

easyHotel London Heathrow
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to stay for just 1 - 2 nights. Three reasons: location, price, and room.

The price is great. You can catch a taxi (through the hotel) to London Heathrow Airport for just 4 pounds (2.20 pounds for the bus). The buses come often - like every 5 minutes. You do have to pay extra for things like internet, but it's only 1.50 pounds for an hour's internet and 7 pounds for 24 hour access, which I think is about standard.

Location - I started my stay in London here and thought it was a great home base to get my bearings. It was my first time in London and so I had to go get things like an adapter for electronics, etc. The little area with shops and ATM's was a 5-10 min bus ride away and super easy to get to. I never got lost trying to get to the easyHotel or to and fro the shops- and I'm prone to getting lost easily. I also took advantage of the hotel's proximity to the Heathrow train station by doing day trips out of Heathrow to Hampton Court and Windsor (rather than staying in the City, paying an arm and a leg for a room that I wouldn't be able to access all day).

I wouldn't recommend easyHotel Heathrow for a traveler looking to do some of the main tourist attractions in the City (like the London Eye, British Museum, Buckingham, etc). This is not easyHotel's fault - Heathrow itself is not a convenient location for these things. It's over 20 pounds just to get in the City (each way)

Room - The room was very clean. I've read criticism about the easyHotels having orange everywhere and thought it was going to be extremely gaudy (which may get annoying, but for the price, I was willing to ignore it). It wasn't bad at all. There's only one portion of wall that's orange and the sink (which was a little weird). The bed, bathroom, and room overall were extremely clean. The beds were not very comfortable - only marginally better than the floor...but if you're really tired, you'll sleep on anything flat without much complaint. It's a budget hotel and not a Waldorf Astoria or a Marriott.

Cons - The room is surprisingly small. I knew to expect it, but it was still a bit of a shock. There was only enough space to put my carryon suitcase on the floor. They did have spacesavers where you could put your suitcase under your bed though. The bathroom was unbelievably tiny. I've never seen such a small bathroom in my life. To put it in perspective, if you're standing in front of the sink, you're standing literally 3 inches from the toilet and IN the shower (which had a tiny ring around it to "prevent" the water from getting everything - it didn't really work). The entire width of the bathroom took my entire wingspan and not an inch more. And I'm just over 5 feet tall so my wingspan is not at all long!

More Pros - The staff was great too. I was not at my most alert and actually had some difficulty finding cash, but they were really patient and helpful. I got in early (at 9:00a) and was allowed to check in earlier than the early check in time (12:00p). Normal check at this hotel is 3:00p. This was great because I was totally exhausted, having not slept a wink during the prior 18-ish hours.

All in all, I'd agree most other reviewers - the easyHotel Heathrow is perfect for a single traveler, just looking for somewhere to lay their head for the night. As a female traveling alone, I felt very safe and everyone was really nice. I got everything I asked for with the easyHotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank thehogwartian
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your kind and valuable feedback which I am sure will be very useful for other guest who wish to stay in our hotel.

We at easy Hotel Heathrow are committed to offer a clean, comfortable and value for money product to all of our customers. Easy hotels are targeted for transit travellers and at the same time they are ideal for those travellers who would like to save the money on accommodation.

We offer a variety of room type for our customers, i.e. standard room with or without window or small room with or without window. Prices are very competitive and our customers can decide what type of room will suit them best.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for easyHotel London Heathrow

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I would almost recommend staying here just to experience what it's like to be in a plastic room.. The entire wash-room could literally be hosed down and self-cleaned like in a sci-fi movie.

Tiny room, no frills, but very clean, quiet and a good place for a quick layover at Heathrow. Internet access (paid).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback, which will be very helpful for other guest.

We look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

The easyHotel Heathrow is perfect for single travellers, just looking for somewhere to lay their head for the night.

You can't fault this hotel on price, especially considering its location close to Heathrow - on a frequent local bus route. The staff are fantastic, the rooms are functional but clean.

Most importantly, I'd advise all travellers to check the website carefully when booking. Nothing other than your room is included. Many of the smaller rooms also don't have windows. If this doesn't fit in with your idea of a pleasant environment then don't book. On the other hand, these aspects help keep the hotel cheap - which is its main selling point.

Overall - the easyHotel is a perfect place for someone just needing a bed for the night. This is what I wanted, this is what the hotel delivered.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback which I is very helpful to other guest.

We at easy Hotel are committed to provide our customer a clean, comfortable and value for money product.

Our bedrooms are ideal for transit travellers who sometime just need a clean and comfortable room and very competitive price.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Syed

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Easyhotel's rooms might be small, some to the point of claustrophobia, but with Easyhotel you can always 'upgrade' and get a window or a bigger room. When I was here I just needed somewhere to sleep close to the airport since I was landing on a Thursday night and my friend was coming in on the next morning. This isn't exactly 'close to' the airport, but there are buses from Heathrow taking you right to the hotel, easy! The rooms are always clean, the sheets and towels are fresh and the beds are good, and I don't ask for more! The hotels are also very quiet and have good security, and the staff have always been incredibly nice and helpful when I have been there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We at easy Hotel Heathrow are committed to offer all of our customers a clean, comfortable and value for money product.

As you have mentioned, some of our rooms are small but again, we do offer standard rooms which are bigger and room price is again very competitive.

As always, we thank all of our customers for their feedback and We look forward to welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Was looking for a cheap hotel for the night in west london staines area, this one came up as cheapest at £55.00.
However upon arrival i found out it was £6.00 to park my car & £1.50 charge to use my DEBIT card as i didnt have enough cash.Add that to the cost of coffee out of the vending machine and your starting to get close to the cost of a higher quality room in another hotle where as a guest u get to park for free.....
The hotel was noisey as in you could hear the other guests , and the maids were very loud in the morning... I was trying to rest in bed until 9 as I'd had a late finish at work and they were very audible by 8 ish doing more talking than cleaning by all accounts. ....
The aircon was very cold however and there was no control for this.....
That said the room was clean and was a bed for the night.
The staff were friendly !!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and also clarify your concerns about room rates. We at easy Hotel offer a very competitive rates which often starts from £29 pounds per night. We recommend all of our customers to book well in advance to avail the best discounted room rates which we sell directly at our website. Please note we offer last minute discount offers which are also available at our website.

I understand you were not happy to pay for your car parking, please note most of the hotels in the local area charge car parking between £9 to £12 per night. Comparing to others, we are still offering a very competitive price.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here overnight for our early flight the next day. Although it is super cheap, the corridor carpet was water logged and smelled like sewrage, they were unable to change our rooms. The walls are paper thin which meant we could not go to sleep until our neighbors did, and the bed was unmade - there was a hair within the sheets.
The linen was changed upon request, but ultimately for a clean and good night's rest, i'd rather pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R35H

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your short stay with us.

I would like to assure you that your current experience is not representative of the service and product we provide at easy Hotel Heathrow. As you can notice from other feedbacks which are posted on trip advisor from customers like yourself, we are committed to provide a clean, comfortable value for money product to all of our customers.

Please accept my apologies once again, and if you are in the area, give us a call and I will be happy to accommodate you in our hotel to show you our clean and comfortable rooms.

Syed

Reviewed May 20, 2011

I have only myself to blame -- I wanted cheap, and this place is CHEAP! And, as the other reviewers say, it's not so bad, considering the low price. I got their windowless room special. This room is kind of like a pod -- the good part is that no trees were killed in making that room, it is so synthetic. The bathroom is a small module without a square inch to spare. Yes, it was clean, and reasonably comfortable, but so no-frills I'm not sure I'd do it again. I mean, when the hotel doesn't even give you a plastic cup to drink out of, maybe it's a little TOO no-frills. Convenient to Heathrow -- why else would anyone ever stay here?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time to give us your feed back which helps us to meet and exceed our valuable guest expectations.

You have already recognized positive points about our hotel which are, clean, comfortable rooms at a very competitive price. I agree with you, we are a no frill budget hotel. In order to give a competitive room rates, we can not afford to offer any other products or services and most of our transit customers are happy with our hotel.

In your comments, you have mentioned about glasses, please note we are already providing disposable glasses in our vending machine area and after considering your comments we have also started to provide disposable glasses in the bedrooms as well.

I like to once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope when you visit Heathrow area again, you will choose to stay with us.

Syed Pirzada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Travelodge Heathrow Central
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Ibis London Heathrow Airport
Leonardo Hotel London Heathrow Airport

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!