“Value for Money”

Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed here for two nights, Saturday & Sunday. We arrived early and the staff allowed us to park our cars and check in later. Check in was efficient although I had to pay immediately, I'm used to paying on check out. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the tube. The surrounding area looks rather scruffy and neglected but I felt generally safe but there's not much to do locally.

The hotel itself is very smart and well looked after and provides good clean no frills accomodation for a very good price. I found my room had an annoying background noise from a ventilation unit or something similar but I didn't plan to stay long so I put up with it. The shower unit was brilliant! On both nights the hotel was very busy and there was a coach party of about 40-50 people who were using the eating/rest area for a takeaway party and whilst they were polite and well behaved it was quite noisy and I would have felt awkward using the area alone. There seemed to be a lot of people coming and going to and from their rooms more than usual which was a bit noisier than expected. On the whole I would stay here again if i needed budget accomodation near London and I would ask for a quieter room

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Etap6465, Hotel Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Etap Hounslow. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments, which we have since addressed.
Raman Julka

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed May 2, 2009

i visited this hotel when i first arrived uk and looking for accomodation. as it was an hotel my expectation were high but it was not more then a hostel

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

If you are looking for something lavish, don't stay here. But for a budget hotel £34 per room per night, what can you expect?

The room is small, very small, but fits a double bed with a bunk above (you can see a 3D view of the room on the etap website), a toilet (again very small) and a shower built into the wall. It also has a TV and a sink. Initially when feeling the beds they seem a bit hard, so don't expect luxury, but none of us had problems sleeping.

Everything was clean - which is important no matter what price you pay - so for £11 each between 3, or even £17 each between two, this place is a bargain.

It is situated on a mainish road, but traffic was minimal and we never had a problem with the noise. Location is excellent, depending on what you are going for, as there is a bus stop opposite, and railway station a short walk away. Also the high street is just over the road. For us it was being a 35 minute stroll to twickenham, which with a pub half way wasn't a problem, I heard a taxi to the ground is £15.

If you are thinking of staying here, don't worry about a thing, and certainly don't worry about your wallet. It is what it is, a very good budget hotel and a bargain price.

P.S. Didn't have breakfast, but for £2.95 all you can eat, can it be that bad?

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We really value your feedback.

Reviewed March 31, 2009

I was staying at the hounslow hotel for over three weeks. It smelled marijuana in the corridors, staff never had a smile on their face and to top it all i had three men from the reception banging on my door at three oclock in the morning without even identifying themselves and accusing me of not paying. This is absolutely appalling! I would never ever recommend anyone to stay there!! It is the worst place ever!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Rysh11
Etap6465, Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2009

Dear Customer,

As the management has resolved the matter regarding the issue and offered an adequate compensation for your inconvenience, due to the unclear picture of the situation regarding the rates for booking and extending the stay.

We would be thankful to you again regarding the resolution of this complaint.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed March 27, 2009

It was my first stay at the Etap hotel, never heard of it. I booked the room online for 32 pounds per night. It was a friends recommendation and I was glad I took this hotel. You could book the room at the hotel for the same rate, but don't be surprised if they are full. It was full every day and they turned away many customers, during my 6 night stay. So book it online and you can cancel without any cancellation fee.

I paid 10 pounds extra, since I checked in at 8:30 am, instead of 12:00 noon.

This hotel looks brand new and is located right across the bus stop. The tube station closest to the hotel was Hounslow Central, but we used Hounslow East more often, since it was closer to the bus stop and restaurants. Room was very small compared to any hotel in the US, but I was prepared for that, since I read a lot about hotels in London. The shower room was very small for a typical American, but was perfect size for me. The toilet could be better, if it had ventilation.

The staff was very friendly and courteous. They allowed us to store the milk in the refrigerator in the lobby and warmed it every time we asked for the milk (Thanks alot for this Etap - it was very important for us, since my daughter loves milk). The room was cleaned every day and the bed sheets and towels were changed daily.

Good points about the hotel:
-- hotel is located in zone 4, so it's an easy tube ride to and from heathrow
-- 32 pounds per night for 3 people (includes bunk bed for the child)
-- very clean hotel
-- right across the bus stop
-- just 40 min tube ride to zone 1
-- car parking available (did not use it)
-- breakfast for 2.99 pounds (did not use it)

Negatives:
-- no wifi in the room (I would pay 10 pounds more per night for this feature) - you could use internet for 2 hrs by paying 3 pounds, but have to use it in the lobby. I used it once and the speed was good.
-- no ventilation in the toilet
-- only 1 power outlet to charge our camera, phone and laptop. Could have been better if they added 1 or 2 more power outlets.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2009

This was my first time stay at Etap Hotel, I was concerned that the price I am paying might not able to meet my expectation, though I have researched local accommodation places, before I made the booking for 5 rooms at Etap Hotel for the weeding in my family. The hotel is very nice and clean, beyond my expectation, and staff is helpful, though very procedure oriented, with the identifications. The initative in security has been very impressive. Travellers like us with Families and kid feel very safe.
The breakfast is only £2.95, really can't go wrong with that. One must try the coffee at this hotel, It's really nice, good thing is during the breakfast it's all come at the price you pay for the breakfast.
Finally, if I ever visit London, I will definetaly stay at Etap Hounslow.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Etap6465, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you have a good stay with us. See you on your next trip. Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2009

Friendly staff, walking distance from tube station, food and shopping. Plus, nearby Heathrow airport. Comfortable room. Breakfast at reasonable price. Must visit again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Khatpandwa
Etap6465, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

Thankyou very much for your review - delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Raman Julka (General Manager)