“Good for what you pay for.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Budget London Hounslow
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good for what you pay for.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in January 2014, the room, while small has most of what you'll need, restaurants and shops are within walking distance as is the local tube station. Had a relatively good nights sleep and the breakfast was quite good too.
Overall, a good stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 20, 2014

Chander Kaushik General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wollongong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 5 that visited from dec 13-16th 2013. We took two rooms which were offered side by side. Our stay was comfortable. Ok so it's not got all the bells & whistles of some larger hotels but it totally adequate and very affordable. The shops are so handy as are many restaurants and take away food places. We enjoyed a breakfast there each day and would happily stay here again. I would also recommend, especially to those on restricted budgets.

Stayed December 2013
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 15, 2014

Portishead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel almost twice a week, each week through 2013. After about 9 months the staff would start telling me I had money owing to me so they gave me free breakfasts, credit notes etc. Each time this happened I queried why it was, but the staff had no idea. Stupidly I thought it was some form of customer loyalty program. Then in December they advised that all of the refunds were in error & I owed them circa £200. My view was that in good faith I had paid them what they asked for each week, if retrospectively they decided that they had got in wrong (& they freely admit it was their error!) that was frankly, their problem. They said I could discuss it with the manager but he wasn't in until the New Year. When I next check in to the hotel last week no-one mentioned the amount & I assumed that they have come to their senses & agreed to let it lie. However they have now used my credit card details to debit the amount which at no stage did I authorise them to do so. I don't even think that this is a legal practice, let along good business practice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tony d
Dear Tony D,
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor as you promised, if we do not waive off the charges.
I would like to reiterate again that the hotel did not charge you anything extra. We have shown you all your reservations and if they were paid or not. You have reported us to Trading Standards also to whom we have shown all relevant documents and they are satisfied with us. You have also threatened us by saying you will report it to Police and I am waiting for them to get in touch so I can pass them record of your stays and the amount hotel has charged. When we requested you to check all your reservations and amount charged by Hotel, you replied by saying you do not have any desire to check your bank statement. I am ready to refund you and apologies in written if we have overcharged you than the total amount quoted at the time of making reservations. I also want to make it clear that we did not charge you for the breakfast. This matter is with Accor’s customer relations also and your last e-mail was that you do not want to discuss it with me any further. If any reader would like to have more details regarding this comment, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 02085779137 or h6465-gm@accor.com

Regards
Chander Kaushik
Ibis Budget London Hounslow

Travelers are raving about these Hounslow hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel was clean reception were friendly ( most of them) ideal for getting tube into London lots of shops in hounslow never had breakfast but just around corner in weatherspoon pub were you can get cooked breakfast. Always come here and will be back

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 13, 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed hear for 3 night over new year, the hotel is perfect location for getting into London and it's close to restaurants shops and takeaways, 1st we tried to check in 45 mins before we could and they said your rooms are ready but your early u can either wait or pay 10 pound to get in now, we said we will go around Tesco next door then come back and wait, so at 12 we then went to check in, there didn't know what they was it took around 20 mins to check in and the started started checking us in the turned to another family and started checking them in then forgot about us, anyway after 20/30 mins we got our room cards most of us got into our rooms ok but a couple of people had problems with there cards so was left in the hallway for quilt a while waiting to get it sorted, the rooms are very basic not even a kettle but very clean all rooms come with air con and heating, lots of lighting, the shower is in the bed room but didn't bother us as it was just my partner and daughter if u had 3 friends staying together could be a problem. Next door to the hotel is a Tesco express where we brought drinks snacks ect the hotel sell a small amount of drinks and snacks but charge a fortune for example a pot noodle was 2:95 in the hotel :o. All in all we had a good stay parking in the hotel is 3 pound per day :),

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank sean110986
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologies for the delay at check-in. I am investigating the matter and ensure you to take corrective action.
Thank you again for your kind compliments.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

i am please the service of the staff especially manuel, waqas, rosa and also the manager chandra who have been very helpful .....bravo tothem for their service and the hotel cleanliness and efficency...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you again for your kind compliments.