“Army v Navy Short Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yorkshire - Born & Bred
“Army v Navy Short Stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is well sited, it's clean and well presented. We were welcomed by staff, it took a while as they were booking in a group booking, but it was sorted quickly.

I was on the third floor, the room was aired, clean bedding and towels. Room had a double bed and a single bed above, the mattress was a little hard for me, but I suppose that is personal preference. There's a TV and although the road outside is busy you don not hear them at all.

There is limited car parking, first come first served, and I was lucky !

This is a bargain hotel and for £75 for two nights on the outskirts of London, you cannot go wrong.

Room Tip: Get there early for a Var Parking Spot
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow. I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chander Kaushik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great service, friendly staff, nice rooms with a tv, good double glazing to hide the noise of the planes great budget nights stay in a great location of hounslow town centre great visit would recommend :)

• Stayed April 2013

Tyler, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 26, 2013

After receiving my review the manager wrote me they have decided to provide free wireless internet - that shows they listen to their customers! Overall I was very impressed with the helpfulness of the staff and the good condition of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Leamington Spa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

But for one factor I would have given this hotel a rating of 4. It is typical of the Etap / Ibis Budget brand: basic but very reasonable for the price; great shower and good bed; spotlessly clean; great staff; efficient check in and out. It has a small car park which only costs £3 per entry (but was very full even by 4pm). Overall very good. It is however directly under the flight path for aircraft landing at London Heathrow airport, which means a plane going over the hotel about once per minute. The flights slow down or stop at about 11pm and get going again about 6am, so the night is too not disturbed but during daytime hours the noise is considerable. The windows are double glazed and keep most of it out, but open your window and you will know about it! If this does not bother you, Ibis Budget Hounslow is highly recommended - if noise is a problem for you, I would think twice.

Room Tip: The lifts make a "ping" sound every time they stop and open the doors - I noticed some roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Bad points...the rooms are basic with no tea and coffee facilities, very little car parking. Um that's about it!
Good points...it has lots in my opinion, I was in london for buisness and it suited my needs perfectly, cheap, quick access to LHR and the city. The staff were very very good, they were better than some high end hotels I have stayed in. Car parking was an issue especially as I drive a prestige car, I thought it was going to have to stay outside, but this is where staff excell expectations. The gentleman on reception said don't worry I will move my car so yours can be under CCTV. He didn't have to do that and I appreciate it.
Rooms are good, basic yes but they are clean, serviced daily and have everything there. I thought the lighting was brilliant, so many different combinations!!
Anyway, I would recommend if your looking for a budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was a pretty nice hotel with very nice staff. The service was good and the staff was very helpful. They allowed me to park in one of their staff members place as i was travelling with my baby. The rooms are clean, though a bit small but you cannot moan for the price they charge they are awesome. i loved the bunk bed. Lighting in the room was good. The beds were pleasantly comfortable and really good. overall i loved to stay here again if i am visiting that side again....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, April 26, 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff are nice and friendly, the room is clean.
It can be better if there are more deck spaces or hooks to hang our jackets and coats.
The only unpleasant surprise is the cost of internet, 20 min/pound.
I will be happy to pay 1 pound/day for wi-fi in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Just for your information we are in process to install the free Wi-Fi in the hotel, it should get finish next month. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.