“Excellent, not just for an airport hotel”

Zen Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 239 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: As for any cuisine it holds true for Chinese; to create the finest dishes you must start from the noblest ingredients. At Zen Oriental out aim is deceptively simple - to offer to you the best Chinese food available. To this end we admit only first class produce, applying to it traditional skills that know of no shortcuts. Favourite dishes are as a standard against which others will come to be judged. Unfamiliar dishes will lead you further into the intricacies of this culinary art form. Since seasonality in implicit in the freshest of food, some specialities will be available only when their time is ripe. Now, however, is the moment when you will understand something of the heights of which Chinese cooking can soar.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent, not just for an airport hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Travelling alone normally means an average table, but I was given one with a good view of the restaurant for people watching! Food and service is excellent and even though it is an airport hotel, I didn't feel they took advantage.

• Visited October 2012

Dartmouth, Canada
“Outstanding Asian Food in an Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We recently spent a week at the Hilton Terminal 4 and on the second last night decided to splurge and give the Zen a try. We noted that the restaurant seemed quite busy each evening, the selection looked good and the prices (excluding the wine) weren't too outrageous, especially for an airport hotel, which has a captive audience.

On our chosen evening, I did a quick scan of Tripadvisor to see what others' had to say and noticed that the restaurant would to takeaway. So we went downstairs, verified that this was possible, placed our order and quickly went to the Marks & Spencer in T3 to get a bottle of wine. When we showed up to collect our order, it was just coming out of the kitchen.

The two dishes that we ordered (can't remember the exact name but one was a chilli beef and the other a spicy chicken) were delicious. The meat was tender and flavourful and one order of rice was more than enough for two people. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and if you do the cheaper option (i.e. takeaway) the prices are very reasonable.

I couldn't tell, but I am guessing that this is likely a favourite of those living locally and business isn't only relying on hotel guests.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Katchapuri
wi
“Really nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I avoided eating here on prior stays at the Hilton figuring the cost could not be justified. I was wrong. Despite a captive clientele, the service and food was outstanding.

London, England
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Really enjoyed my meal here while stayihng at the Hilton. An excellent menu - dim sum was wonderful! A little expensive but you get what you pay for here! Very good service - would definitely return here if I stay over again.

• Visited August 2012
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
“Amazing service and lovely food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The service is 1st class, they keep topping up your green tea and cannot do enough for you.

We had the set menu for two, which was plenty of food, it was all lovely and nice to try some different dishes that I may not have chosen.

It isn't the cheapest meal, drinks aren't cheap, my boyfriend had beer. If I went again would just have green tea, as I love it and they just keep refilling the Little teapot for you.

Visited June 2012