“Surprising find - with good food”
Review of African Queen

African Queen
Ranked #69 of 255 Restaurants in Hounslow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The African Queen is a lovely find. It is a pub/restaurant. There is some decent parking outside the front (not loads). Inside the decor is kept minimum with sturdy tables and nice comfy chairs. A big TV is on the wall showing an Indian channel. The food is surprisingly good.
A mixed grill was ordered - which was far better than I've come across in a good few places - it was large, and best of all - the food was not burnt.
The mains were a sensible size and it was surprisingly good! I had the following:
butter chicken, lamb kofta and one of the fish dishes - which was awesome (sorry I can't remember which one - if I go there again soon, I'll update and advise).
The staff are fairly helpful. This is one of the better Indian restaurants in the area - will definitely be back for more!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stopped by this establishment on route back from Twickenham Stadium. Excellent atmosphere with polite bar staff. We ordered the house special AQ chicken and lamb jalfrazi with a jumbo grill. What a surprise we got when we were presented with a traditional sizzling grill and a genuine indian curry compared to my local curry house. Will definitely return on my next trip. A stones throw away from Twickenham Stadium. Thanks guys!

1  Thank Newbury123
Reviewed January 8, 2013

What a suprise. I came to twickenham to visit some friends for the new year, I fancied a curry after all that turkey. They suggested the Aq (African queen) as it was there local, from the outside its just a pub inside is another story a modern bar with a restaurant attached. Great atmosphere and pleasant staff, the food was unbelievable you wouldn't believe it's a pub. The portions are generous with the mixed grill a real feast. This is one to try if your in the local area.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I grew up in london and have spent my adult life travelling around Europe and can comfortably state that The African Queen is one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten in. It is fresh, made to order, well considered food. I now live in Ireland however I make sure that whenever I am in London I make sure I Have one night to myself to go to the Queen.
Try the fish and the nuts!
And the lunch time mixed grill will defeat you.
Enjoy.