“You can do better than this Gordon...”

Gordon Ramsay Plane Food Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Description: Please note: This spring we will be making some changes to bring you a new look Plane Food and so will not be open until mid-July. Join us in Summer 2017 for first-class dining at Heathrow Airport Terminal 5. The signature menu of Gordon Ramsay and an exclusive picnic offering ensures that Plane Food offers innovative food concepts to passengers travelling through Heathrow Airport Terminal 5. Located airside, after you pass through security, Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food easily stands out. Architects Bentel & Bentel have crafted the aerodynamic lines of the restaurant's unique decor to conjure up a range of shapes associated with flying. The menu offers a range of pasta and risotto dishes, as well as grain-fed 28 day aged steaks and exclusive Plane Good picnic hampers, perfect for when you're in a hurry and ideal for enjoying on the plane at your leisure. Diners can also have their meal at the elegant bar whilst they enjoy great views of the Plane Food open plan kitchen and their choice of irresistible cocktails.
Bergen, Norway
“You can do better than this Gordon...”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Well, what can I say.. this must be one of the biggest disappointments of all time when i comes to food. When reading some of the other reviews here It makes me think they had a bad they or something.. I had the Burger while my gf had the caesar salad. The burger was undercooked, it was actually raw all the way through. They did not ask how I wanted it, but raw?? Had it been a 3 star Michelin restaurant I could understand it, but not at a place like this. The burger was also really not anything special, it actually was bellow average.. the fries that came with the burger was undercooked and soggy. The caesar salad was nothing to write home about either.
Service on the other hand was good and attentive.
Would we go again? Most defiantly not!

• Polish first
Itala, Italy
“Not so plain, Plane Food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our favorite lunch place in T5. The food is always good although the service is not up to the usual standards anymore. Slow and inattentive. Which is a pity. A note; the main courses are really big and so think before ordering a starter and a main. Personally I prefer a starter only. The decor is starting to show some serious wear and tear. Plane Food is still an expensive restaurant and I think a little more effort can be made to clean the carpets and tables more often. Ramsey should visit his own place now and again. But after all is said and done, we still will not eat anywhere else. We need the peace and quite before boarding planes that has became 'instruments of torture' to frequent travelers.

• Visited March 2013
“Gordon needs to follow his own advice.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited for breakfast in March 2013. Our coffee took 20 minutes to arrive and when it did, 4cups ranged from full to half empty in varying degrees. The waiter seemed put out when asked to top them up. Ordered the full English breakfast and was asked if we would. Like toast as an extra. When I remarked that I thought it odd that toast was not included the waiter responded with 'yeah, welcome to my world'.

When the breakfast did arrive the food was of average quality, my poached eggs were over cooked and whole plate looked viry tired. The ordered extra toast arrived late after we had finished our breakfast.

The bill for four breakfasts coffee and toast? £63 including a £7.50 'discretionary' tip. When I asked for this to be removed due to dissatisfaction, I was informed a manager would have to do that. The manager arrived, removed the tip and did not even ask why or apologies.

Gordon, if you are going to give others advice on how to run a restaurant, you should get your own house in order first.

2 Thank ChandlersFordFoodie
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“A hidden gem, fantastic food and superb service”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Normally while at Heathrow Airport at Terminal 5, I shop and relax in the British Airways lounge. This time I decided to venture out and sat down at Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food Restaurant. I watched the planes come and go and was absolutely delighted by the food and service that prevailed upon me. The squid starter was an excellent companion to a cold beer. The eggpant tomato penne was perfectly cooked el dente. I recommend the starter size, it is big enough I assure you. Fresh bread is handed out hot out of the oven by a dedicated bread server. Yummy and a lovely surprize.

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Our usual port of call at T5”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are looking for more than the buffet options on offer in the BA lounges Plane Food delivers on all counts.

We are frequent travellers through T5 and have eaten breakfast and lunch here and would certainly recommend the ambiance and the small menu as a cut above the normal airside venues.

Last week we had a quick lunch with a very reasonable carafe of wine and enjoyed fish cakes and a burger with excellent triple cooked chips and sauces and very attentive service from our young waiter.

Quite a few of our fellow diners had ordered a picnic to take with them on their flights, starting from £12.50 ( I believe ) with a good choice on offer.

We have never had to wait for a table, neither are you rushed should you wish to spend a little longer over your meal. My husband absolutely hates waiting at airports and as we travel rather a lot Plane Food certainly helps the marital harmony...