New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East

Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
westmidlands
“Great for twickenham or airport visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have used this hotel 3 times now as a base for long weekends when incorporating Twickers visits (including EngvScotland last weekend). We have always walked to the stadium as the weather has always been dry and sunny - about 45mins walking time but would advise allowing longer so that pit stops can be taken for drinks etc. Rooms have been clean warm and quite roomy. Our only complaint really is the parking charge £10 per night but overall very pleased and would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

3 star (AA rated) clean, comfortable hotel within easy reach of west London. First time I stayed here was during the 2012 Olympics and naturally it wasn't cheap! Although, I was impressed by the fact that I was offered free parking, they catered well for us (3 in a family room) the room was air conditioned, the evening meal was fine (but took a bit long to come) the hotel was a few hundred yards from the tube which took us to our Olympic venue (Earl's Court) in around 30 mins. Second time (today) I'm on business and I must say they have really exceeded my expectations! Clean comfortable room, excellent room service meal...Again I've parked here, the manager remembered me from when I visited with my family (5 months ago) the welcome was warm and (although it doesn't matter so much as I'm on company expenses) the room is cheap as chips (£49, February). This is (esp considering the price) nothing short of excellent!...Having stayed in a Travelodge recently in Birmingham, I look out the window at the new Travelodge opposite and only have pity for the guests, whove' probably paid at least what I have if not more :)))

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MikeyJohn
Bodmin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed there for England V Scotland (and will again for England V France) and have stayed before but forgot to write a review, We really like the hotel / area, we like to walk to Twickenham (probably about an hour or so, maybe longer as there are a few pubs along the way!). Hotel is fine, bed comfy, food / drink a little pricey but it's London and a big rugby event. We would stay there happily every time for rugby, unfortunately everyone else seems to want to stay there too so it's hard to get a room...book early!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnSarah1066
Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After my flight from Heathrow was cancelled and the hotel I had stayed in the previous nights was fully booked, I struggled to find somewhere with availability. Thankfully I found the Days Hotel in Hounslow. The added bonus was that the prices (£49) was less than half of what I had paid in the previous hotel.

I arrived and was alocated a room by the friendly reception staff. On entering the room, I noticed it was very cold and I went to adjust the heating but it made no difference. I rang the reception and they promptly moved me to another room. The next room was perfect. Very warm, which was appreciated given the snow outside, and it was also very clean. The wifi was excellent in the hotel even on the 4th floor. This again was better than the 4 star hotel I had stayed in previously.

The location is obviously not exceptionally close to the airport but it still only took me 20 minutes to get there in a taxi. It is also close to the tube.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yddib
Pretoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because of its convenient location, but will never stay there again! The website of the hotel is very misleading during the booking process creating the impression that breakfast is included - it isn't (not even the continental breakfast buffet). It never even gave me an option to book breakfast during the booking process. Furthermore the staff can barely speak any English, are rude and housekeeping does not come to make up your room on public holidays (even you pay much more for a room on those days) ... The walls of the room was also very filthy. Next time I will stay at the Travelodge opposite!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank EvertPretoria
Stockton, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had originally booked a Travelodge in Slough prior to my Heathrow flight but terrible reviews of my pre-booked accommodation forced me to change my mind and pay about an £30 extra and opt for the Days Inn instead – big mistake!

Upon arrival I could not even get into my room, after multiple attempts with an array of swipe cards it was finally decided the battery in the door need changing. When I finally entered the room the safe did not function, the kettle did not work, and the so-called free Wi-Fi was barley usable as was the TV.

Some of the few positives were spacious rooms and the location which is about 5 minute walk from Hounslow Central underground.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank mackyUK
Carp, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here in November when we wanted to go into city to catch a play but be close to early morning airport flight. We walked to the underground (only 10 minutes or less) and went into main area in under 40 minutes. The hotel was clean and welcoming although the bar area sort of hohum but lots of local pubs nearby. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family