“Pleasant surprise”

Ramada Hounslow - Heathrow East
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hounslow
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After my flight from Heathrow was cancelled and the hotel I had stayed in the previous nights was fully booked, I struggled to find somewhere with availability. Thankfully I found the Days Hotel in Hounslow. The added bonus was that the prices (£49) was less than half of what I had paid in the previous hotel.

I arrived and was alocated a room by the friendly reception staff. On entering the room, I noticed it was very cold and I went to adjust the heating but it made no difference. I rang the reception and they promptly moved me to another room. The next room was perfect. Very warm, which was appreciated given the snow outside, and it was also very clean. The wifi was excellent in the hotel even on the 4th floor. This again was better than the 4 star hotel I had stayed in previously.

The location is obviously not exceptionally close to the airport but it still only took me 20 minutes to get there in a taxi. It is also close to the tube.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yddib

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because of its convenient location, but will never stay there again! The website of the hotel is very misleading during the booking process creating the impression that breakfast is included - it isn't (not even the continental breakfast buffet). It never even gave me an option to book breakfast during the booking process. Furthermore the staff can barely speak any English, are rude and housekeeping does not come to make up your room on public holidays (even you pay much more for a room on those days) ... The walls of the room was also very filthy. Next time I will stay at the Travelodge opposite!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EvertPretoria
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had originally booked a Travelodge in Slough prior to my Heathrow flight but terrible reviews of my pre-booked accommodation forced me to change my mind and pay about an £30 extra and opt for the Days Inn instead – big mistake!

Upon arrival I could not even get into my room, after multiple attempts with an array of swipe cards it was finally decided the battery in the door need changing. When I finally entered the room the safe did not function, the kettle did not work, and the so-called free Wi-Fi was barley usable as was the TV.

Some of the few positives were spacious rooms and the location which is about 5 minute walk from Hounslow Central underground.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mackyUK
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here in November when we wanted to go into city to catch a play but be close to early morning airport flight. We walked to the underground (only 10 minutes or less) and went into main area in under 40 minutes. The hotel was clean and welcoming although the bar area sort of hohum but lots of local pubs nearby. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mardi A
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Next to the picadilly line this hotel is a good place to stay if you'd like to visit london centre. The hotel is basic but the rooms are clean and the staff is helpfull. Breakfast is good but a bit expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We chose this hotel for our last night stay in London because of it's close location to the airport (and walking distance to a tube station). We were pleasently surprised! We expected less for such a reasonable price, however the room was very clean, staff were extremely helpful, and it ended up being a great stay. The hotel seems to still be undergoing some final touches, so certain areas have a bit of an unfinished/bare feeling to them, however it didn't impact our stay or opinion at all. Great wi-fi access as well. All in all, if you're looking for a decent one or two-night stay by the airport for a reasonable rate, this hotel will do everything you want it to. We would definitely consider staying here again before an early morning flight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I got the impression that a hard nosed accountant was behind this hotel - it did everything that it should, was inoffensive but without any frills.

Maybe 80m from Hounslow Central (with two flights of stairs) it is just 3 stops short of Heathrow. There is also a bus service every 20 minutes to our destination, Heathrow, close at hand, easily reached even with heavy suitcases.

Our hotel room was clean, reasonably spacious as was the en suite. The lights could be worked out immediately which makes a change - so many are incomprehensible. No double glazing (?) but traffic noise was not a problem and there were no noisy guests around. Comprehensive hotel information and free wi-fi.

Staff were efficient and friendly and, since our room air conditioning was not working, a portable heater was very quickly supplied.

The restaurant, though we didn't eat there, looked a reasonable bet.

The bed was too soft for our liking but we've had worse.

Hounslow town centre (the hotel is part of it) is not exactly endowed with a range of good shops - Boots is about the highest quality - but, since we stayed as part of a hotel.com deal we were satisfied enough, overall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple