“Inexpensive but good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosemount Hotel

You added Rosemount Hotel to your Saves list
Rosemount Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Steve Biko Way (Off Staines Road), Hounslow TW3 3JQ, England   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Rochester, NY
“Inexpensive but good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights. The rooms with 2 or 3 beds are OK, but the "executive double" rooms are small, and the bathroom barely allows you to turn around. The mattresses were of poor quality and the windows opened (no air conditioning) to noisy streets and the sounds of airplanes landing at Heathrow. The service was good. The Polish staff worked hard to meet our needs. They worked hard to keep the place clean, but everything in the hotel appeared to be cheaply made and constructed. The breakfasts were decent. To get to the Underground was an 8 minute walk and we were in London in 50 minutes or Heathrow in 10 minutes. There are plenty of restaurants, banks, grocery and drug stores within walking distance. For the price it was right, but I will stay at a more comfortable hotel the next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank harrier86

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was high when they wrote up their website, because this place was a jacked up mess. Dirty, rundown, stuffy, noisy, awful beds, awful area. It's like a place Thelma and Louise might check into while running from the law. Thank god we only checked in for a late night before a morning Heathrow flight, but I wouldn't even do that again. Try the Ibis around the corner if you need an airport deal.

Only redeeming quality was that they expected us to no-show so we were already charged and checked in. The less you have to interact with the staff, the better. Also, we got the handicap accessible room so the bathroom was huge.

Avoid this place and its neighborhood!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank wolfbehindme
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Not much I can add to the many negative reviews on this hotel except for mentioning the truly awful mattress. I can't remember having such a bad night's sleep with the terrible mattress, noise and very warm room. As people have said the bathroom is ridiculous and I actually found the room quite dirty with a layer of dust right along the top of the headboard on the bed. There is junk left all over the place as well like spare mattresses in the corner and just an unprofessional feel generally. Never again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tommybd
Fareham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Well, you certainly get what you pay for!! We stayed for one night this April and booked as it seemed a good price for the area and for our needs. However, please don't book if you are over 16 stone and/or over 6ft tall as you won't be able to use the ensuite shower/toilet room!! The window didn't shut properly and on the wettest and windiest night of the year this was a tad inconvenient ! Only one pillow per person is provided and I think this has to be the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've ever experienced in a hotel ever and I travel a lot. Lightbulbs weren't working on the bedside lamps, window blinds were dodgy - just generally a bit tired and in need of some TLC.
Also, don't book a taxi from the hotel to Twickenham as this cost around £20 for only a 2 mile journey!! The bus is cheaper at £2.30 each and there is a bus stop about a 30 second walk away. Furthermore, go accross to Wetherspoons for breakfast - always a winner and much cheaper than the hotel.
The staff are Polish and I think a lot got lost in the translation of regional accents.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel, nor would I stay here again.
Sorry folks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as its way too noisy at the front!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SunChaser75
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have stay in this hotel once and only want to stay there once the stuff are very very rude if something goes wrong you are told its not my problem by a stuff member there when I said to her the window in the hotel room would not shut (which made all my clothes soaking as she did nothing for me and it chucked it down with rain) She did nothing at all I was woken up my police running around the hotel because of a group of young people had broke into the hotel. I had paid £70 to stay there which I though was ok priced to get away from family so me and my partner could stay there and relax for the night..... so having a shower in the morning after I had already put do not disturb outside the door and cleaner walk's in the room on me naked laughs and run's off not a sorry nothing so I got out of shower and got dress in the cold wet clothes and went down stairs where I politely said to another stuff member can i please speak to manager I waited to speak to someone for 30 mins in the end I spoke to manager who was so rude saying none of this is his issues I have now been banned from hotel for asking for either a discount if I'd stay again another time or refund of some sort I really just out of the being so rude would never want to go back again even if I could I was more upset there was not even a sorry!! manners don't cost a thing!

Room Tip: don't book with this hotel pile of crap rude best to do any other in Hounslow area and cheaper t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daniel m
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This might not be the best hotel for a romantic weekend in the capital or if you're looking to be spoilt in a hotel with an abundance of facilities, but (as John b has done) I've stayed here on a number of occassions for rugby weekends and have every intention of using this hotel again.

It's true; the single rooms are a little on the 'cosy' side and the toliets, well... they're not the largest in the land, but we (a group of 6 foot+ blokes) have always experienced clean rooms with few glitches and quick friendly check in.

The staff have always been friendly and very helpful and quick to make sure you're being attended to if you need assistance. The full breakfast following a day at the rugby is good value.

4 out of 5 might seem generous when you read some of the other reviews, but for value and convenience (re: rugby weekends) it's basic facilities are a great option

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave L
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

my son and i have stayed at rosemount for the last 2 prem finals .staying 3 nights each time after long drives from lancashire no messing in reception straight to aspotless room bathrooms are a bit small both off us 6plus but we have a right good laugh about it as for other reviews i have read about unfreindly staff and the area never had any problems sunnyside cafe for agreat breakfast witherspoons cross road and 2or3 pubs to visit on walk to stadium. will be back in 2012.

Room Tip: on a flight path so always noise
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family