“excellent”
Review of The Black Horse

The Black Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Black Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Eastcote
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went here with a large group of friends to experience the Karoga. Fabulous night, the food was really good, great fun cooking a massive curry over a fire. Barry and his wife were wonderful hosts.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a nice place with friendly staff. However if you are coming for the food and you are used to the top Indian restaurants around NW London then you may be disappointed. We ordered the mix grill and it was very bland. The same for the veggies mix grill. It may be suitable for more lighter palettes not used to spice or much marination (flavour in my opinion!)

3  Thank didthedo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

After having a nice take away from here a good few months ago, I decided it was time to book a table and do it properly, so 6 of us ate here just before Christmas. We booked earlier in the day, Saturday no problem, only 1 other table was occupied in the small eating area, so i guess that made 12 to 14 people eating in all. Service wasn't quick, but we were in no hurry. Menu was a mix of Indian/Kenyan and English. I think we all enjoyed our food, everything got eaten. A plus point "but not for me, as i was driving" it is a proper pub, so English bitter is available!
I have little doubt we shall be returning!!
One thing i think it might be worth pointing out, myself and my friends are white English, the other table eating that night were white English, having eaten in places like Venue 5 that caters for a lot of Indian's, the food at The Black horse was more mild. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just worth bearing in mind if you like your food a bit on the spicy side, tell them.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Used their Kenyan bbq area. Great experience and food tasted great considering I was the main chef.

Staff were friendly and as always the beer tasted good.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely great food and all cooked by myself and my friends. Karoga is a great way to socialise and the staff make it all work as they are very attentive. The pub is a combination of the traditional pub and traditional Kenyan outdoor cooking and we were there in November. Absolutely loved it.

1  Thank Ranthir_Rathore