“A pleasant and comfortable hotel”
Review of The Tudor Lodge

The Tudor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eastcote
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having read the some of the other reviews I was expecting the worst when we booked this hotel to enable us to attend a party in the area. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised when we arrived and saw our room, which was spacious and clean albeit with rustic beams and some slightly dodgy wiring.

The staff were efficient but not effusive and let us check in early at 12noon without any problems.

The beauty of this hotel is its location, it actually has a nice secluded garden to the rear and the side of the property in which you can sit out in the sun at any time of day and which you wouldn't expect for a hotel this surrounded by residential properties. There is also a large car parking area to the front.

The bar staff double as the receptionist on an evening which means that they do tend to be rushing from one place to another but that being said they managed very well all things considered when faced with an unexpected influx of party guests.

The breakfast was adequate, although the waitress is really only there to offer you toast, like another reviewer it took me some time to work out where the tea and coffee facilities were.

All in all for £60/night including breakfast for a hotel that is close to the amenities of Eastcote and only a few minutes walk from a tube station that can take you straight into Central London on the Piccadilly line I was far more impressed than I expected. The hotel isn't the Ritz but then its not pretending to be and whilst I wouldn't necessarily rush back I also wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room #4 has a nice view over the garden/deck area and a large bathroom however the shower (which is over the bath rather than a separate cubicle) whilst having powerful pressure did have difficulty staying at the same temperature for any length of time - I think this is more to do with old plumbing than the shower itself but much tinkering was necessary to avoid scalding or freezing water!

If you are wanting to eat in the area try the Sambuca restaurant about 4 minutes walk away - very friendly service and lovely food.

Room Tip: The rooms all seem to be different sizes - ask for Room 4 for a large bathroom and a garden/deck vie...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen013

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Lovely little hotel which gives the feeling of being in the countryside although you're only a 15 min tube ride from London city centre. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was buffet style and more than adequate - room was ok - what I would expect to pay for £60 per night... I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone who wanted a reasonably priced hotel outside the city centre.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Came home today after a two night stay at Tudor lodge and had a lovely time . It's a small friendly and spotless "olde worlde" hotel with lovely charm and character. Located near eastcote tube station it was ideal for our visits to London. Would definately recommend this hotel for price, cleanliness and location .

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank karenandpaulw
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Booked online at a good rate (£60) to include breakfast (probably due to it being Easter holidays, normally the rate could be £20-£40 higher).

I rang around 1:00pm on my day of arrival to see when we could check in as was told I could so so anytime from then. I duly arrived and checked in. I'd recorded my card details when booking online but they took another swipe of it on checking in. When I entered the room I was allocated (18 on the ground floor) it was extremely hot, the radiator being on full blast. I couldn't turn it off as the thermostat on the radiator was broken. I rang reception to explain the situation and they said they'd have the handyman come to the room. Within a couple of minutes the receptionist had called back to say the handyman wouldn't be back until around 5:00pm and offered to change the room, an offer I took up and was given first floor room (number 2) in the main building. This was quite a nice room, not massive but certainly adequate. The bathroom was fairly small, toilet, basin and shower. TV with freeview channels, tea and biscuits and an ironing board (mounted on the door). The door was poorly fitted and certainly not soundproof. Bed was fine, the shower was incredibly powerful to the extent that my partner had to get out of the cubicle a couple of times as she was afraid of being burnt (the shower cubicle was pretty small so couldn't really move out of the way of the shower stream)
Breakfast is served between 0700 and 0800 buffet style with a small range of pastries, cereal and fruit along with not quite a full English - all fine and enjoyable. I was slightly disconcerted that no one had asked me if I wanted tea of coffee and belatedly realised that these, and fruit juices, were also buffet style but opposite the food - not very observant off me I know but perhaps the serving staff could have mentioned it when they came to see if I required toast (made to order).
Hotel is a little tired, skirting board hanging off here and there, carpets a bit bare but nothing too serious.
Plenty of parking available, Location wise, the hotel is a 6 minute walk from Eastcote underground station which is on the Metroplitan and Piccadilly lines so easy access to central London and Wembley. Eastcote is a small suburb in greater London, very peaceful and with an array of dining experiences with some 20 outlets of various cuisines within less than a mile walk from the hotel.
All in all very acceptable at the rate paid but probably wouldn't have been so satisfied if I'd paid the full rate

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaxLondon2
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here with my partner mar 23 13 as we were down for a bday party. Grounds and room are ok. Found everything to be clean. We were in the deluxe rooms of the new build part of the hotel, room very standard, plain 'premier inn' style room, with less comfier beds, so would be interested to see what a standard room looked like!! Receptionist was least welcoming. And trunken in the room around the edge of the skirting was hanging off,and bath plug didn't work, had to hold it up for the water to drain.
Breakfast was ok,though again waitresses were miserable and although she approaches you for toast we never received it. Would shop around if we needed to stay over in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted pleasantly and directed to where our rooms. The stairs were a bit steep for an elderly person and there was no lift. The bedroom was bright and comfortable. The towel rail needed repair and this was done within ten minutes of reporting it.
In room 09, the bed provided a good night's rest.
The breakfast buffet was well presented, there was lots to choose from and it was well cooked.
The front garden view was very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank 34ES
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wanted a sall b and b at a reasonable price. We got all that but it is quite compact and the rooms are what you are paying, which is ordinary.
Location was handy and suited us for the 2 night stay.
Would not want to stay any longer as it is a very basic hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eastcote
The Barn Hotel
Ramada London South Ruislip
Premier by Eurotraveller Hotel, Harrow
5 mi away
Travelodge Watford Central

Been to The Tudor Lodge? Share your experiences!