“Cosy Little Italinan with good food”
Review of Sambuca - CLOSED

Sambuca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Cosy Little Italinan with good food”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

A pretty dining room and friendly staff. There was four of us and two members of the group were close to an hour late - the staff were very polite and did not try to rush us. The food was really tasty and fresh. My only one critism is that we ordered an aubergine dish as a starter (whilst we were waiting for the other two diners) this aubergine starter was fantastic. We then ordered another two when my friends came but it tasted different to the one we had just eaten (there was no tomato sauce on top) so did not taste as nice as the first one!

• Visited August 2013

“I'd Recommend it...”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my wife and parents in law one evening after they had seen it recommended. The service was very good and very friendly and the food was great. I was skeptical about my starter which was the Marrow Soup but I was very pleasantly surprised so try it if you see it on the menu. The main course of Tagliatelle with mince in a red wine sauce was very nice and the desert of gelato with a coffee centre was equally good. All the food was very nicely prepared and 'arranged' on the plate and we were always kept well stocked with water, bread and canapes throughout the evening. Eastcote has a wide variety of good restaurants to choose from and I've eaten in a lot of them. This is one of the best.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Justin B
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian by far!!!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My partner and I LOVE this restaurant and find it extremely hard to beat. The food is amazing, staff are friendly, efficient and very welcoming! In terms of value for money, it's like no other. My friends now travel from Wimbledon to visit this restaurant. Risotto balls are to die for! :)

~Highly recommended!!~

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Italy in Eastcote”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The welcome is always very warm and you can't help but fall in love with the atmosphere, the food and the wine. The presentation of the food is amazing and full of flavour. It's our special place and we go there for all of our special occasions.

1 Thank Amyde28
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian Restaurant in the area”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Having always drove past this restaurant and always intending to visit, my boyfriend and I finally got round to it on Friday night. It was a last minute booking and they were very accomodating and managed to fit in. The restaurant inside is nothing like what you would expect from the outside, it's actually really simple but well decorated with some really nice finishing touches and some old italian charm. From the word go you are well looked after, everyone working in there is chatty, friendly and good for a laugh and they really make you feel at home. My boyfriend and I went for the arancini and sardines for start, both of which were really well presented and extremely tasty. For main my boyfriend had the lamb and I had the duck which was out of this world! The duck was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth and the cherry and cinammon sauce with the little cherries in it was my idea of heaven! It was just the right amount of sweet to go with the savoury duck and mash, both my other half and the guy working there remarked how much I must have enjoyed it as I basically licked the plate clean :). The little goats cheese and red cabbage tart was declious too and a welcome addition to the plate. I had a bit of my boyfriend's lamb which was very good also, but mine was better! I don't usually have dessert but after looking at the menu there were so many things on there I wanted I couldn't resist trying one. We shared the dark chocolate and cocount mousse which was brilliant and about twice the size we expected it to be. The half bottle of red wine we had was very good too and just the right size for a driver and a drinker. Everything about this restaurant is perfect, the food and service wouldn't be out of place in a restaurant in town. Will definitely be going back to try out one of the many other things I missed!

4 Thank LondonKate_10