“A surprising and different kind of Indian restaurant”

The Spice Room @ Imada
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Eastcote
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“A surprising and different kind of Indian restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

we were a group of approx. 7 that were quite accommodated for when we went last week. Service was good and efficient in the beginning but restaurant was busy . The food arrived quite on time and was good. parking was a bonus right outside the restaurant. Please note the service charge is included. Overall experience of our first time was good, annoyed in the beginning as we were felt ignored but a tall waiter handled us were well in the end with a pinch of jokes and very well served which we didn't expecting. I will definitely recommend to my friends and specially to ask for that tall waiter to take care, not sure he is waiter as i saw him working every where with the chef, making drinks and serving us too. A full of joy person with a great smile when every body was looking struggling but smile on his face can be recognised as importance of him in restaurant. People care about you there should go again

nice++++++++

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great night & Great food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been to the Spice Room many times and have always had a wonderful evening.

Last week I went with a group of friends for my birthday. I could not have wished for a better night out. We started with cocktails which created the right mood. The food was excellent and and the waiters as always were very attentive and efficient.

The Spice Room never disappoints and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to celebrate or to just come for a meal.

• Visited June 2013
Ruislip
“Waiters are a pain”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The last time we go for a long time as the waiters are a pain. In the space of 15 mins on arriving we were asked what we wanted to order some 9 times and each time we said we were not ready to order it was met with a frustrated look from the waiter. When the drinks were served he held right at the top of the rim where my mouth is going to be (call me snobby but that really annoys me that whatever germs he has on his hands he's just transfered them into my mouth) We then get served dinner and theres a dish thats not ready and arrives when we are finishing our food so we ask the waiter to take it back which his does with not apology and a pissed off look.
Come on Imada you used to be a little oasis that what a real treat to go to--Whats going on with your staff ?

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank andrewmalcolm6
London, United Kingdom
“Another hidden Gem, but dont tell eveyone ;-)”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nestled down a Cul-de-sac in Eastcote/Pinner Borders this Gem of a restuarant is one of the best kept secrets in the area.

I have lived in the area for 15 years and this was my first visit. It has the feel for me of a cool Central London restuarant as the lighting and Music add to the ambience of a relaxed chic eating space. For me it had the ambient feel of The Buddha Bar in Paris, but with great food and sensible prices.

The website Gallery photos, dont do this place any justice and you will be pleasantly surprised.

We sat in a nice round booth in the corner, the waiters were attentive yet not overbearing, if not a touch laid back, but this adds to the experience. The place boasts itself as a cocktail bar too so the ladies of the Party sampled some of the cocktails and I beleive the most successfull was the Tirramisu cocktail as 2 rounds were ordered. One of the advantages of this Indian restaurant is that I dont think it does takeaway, leaving the chef to concentrate on the dishes ordered (dont quote me on that, but I didnt see any carrier bags leaving the bar ;-) )

Everything we had was wonderful Chilli Fish (Talapia) Chicken Korahi, Mild Lamb passanda, Goan Fish Curry, Keema Saag, Chicken Saag, fragrant Cumin Rice, Onion Bhajis, fresh Naan & Roti's . I had an interesting "Chicken Cocktail" starter, which was Chicken cooked 4 different ways it was excellent.

Kingfisher on Draught at £4.60 a pint
Recommended Bottle of merlot £15.50
Most starters £5-6
Mains £8-9
Sides £3-6

It worked out at £75 a couple with service charge and a Tip, which I thought was good VFM and they also gave us containers for the left overs that some people didn't eat.

I can honestly say that this is the best indian food I have had in a long while, so as reluctantly as I am am to tell you about it give it go, you wont be disappointed

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank SennamanUK
“Love the place”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Really nice food, really nice time and a great atmosphere! Have been here before and I am glad to be back. I would recommend The Spice Room to anyone who loves good quality Indian food.

• Visited January 2013