We stayed here as a group of couples, having booked to go to the races. The location of the hotel is ideal for this- 10minute walk, even for those of us in heels! Some of our party had arrived earlier and had been given rooms (earlier than check in time), which was perfect for us all travelling and needing to get changed.
Rooms were large and with a couple of seats plus table, dressing table, tv, tea/ coffee making facilities. Bathroom was large, clean and with plenty of good lighting.
Unfortunately it was other aspects of the hotel that let it down. We all ate in the restaurant at night and the food was average (I had steak which was over done, as I had asked for it rare). It was the evening of a HUGE sporting event, but we were told they don't show such events in the hotel. Extremely disappointing, especially as there's limited Sky tv in rooms also. The staff were all very enthusiastic and helpful, but not enough to make up for the average menu at night and expensive breakfast.
If you want a close location to the races, it's ideal, rooms large, but lots of the "mod cons" missing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Haydock Hotel is superbly located just off Junction 23 of the M6 next to Haydock Park Racecourse and serves as a gateway to the entire North West Region. In close proximity to Manchester and Liverpool via the A580 that links the two cities. Also within a 15 mile reach of the hotel are the towns of St Helens, Warrington, Wigan, Leigh and Bolton.The hotel offers Standard, Executive and Accessible Rooms all offering High Speed Internet Access and all are Air Conditioned.The Holiday Inn Haydock combines an excellent range of facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free* The hotel has full Leisure and Fitness facilities, Restaurants and Bar serving food and drinks throughout the day, 24 hour room service. The hotel also caters for Conference and Banqueting events for up to 180 people making it an ideal location for Weddings, Seminars and Training courses. Parking (including a total of 4 accessible parking bays) is free for all guests using the hotels facilities The hotel makes the ideal base for visiting local attractions including Haydock Racecourse, Liverpool , Trafford Centre, Manchester United Football Club, Manchester City Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Wigan FC and Aintree Racecourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Haydock m6, Jct 23 Hotel Newton Le Willows
- Newton Le Willows Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Newton Le Willows
- Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 Newton Le Willows, Merseyside