Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
$55
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens(Haydock)(Great Value!)
$49
$58
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Haydock Hotel(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$61
Warrington Lowton(Warrington)(Great Value!)
Travelodge
Travelodge Warrington Gemini(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$53
Hotels.com
All reviewshaydock parkrace coursehealth clubwedding partynational holidayscoach tripleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffexecutive roombuffet stylepublic areaswould stay againmember of staffstayed one nightbooked this hotelcouldn't faultfull english
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the HI Haydock on Saturday 23 March. We were attending a wedding at Haydock Racecourse and this hotal is a 10 min walk or a £3 taxi journey. We decided to make a bit of a day out and arrived at 2pm to use the health club facilities. The pool sauna and steam room are all in good order and nice and clean.

There seems to be a bit of mixed bag with regards to the bedrooms. Whilst we could have had an upgrade due to PC Platinum, the desk had recommded that we take a standard room on the fourth floor. Seemingly, the exec rooms are above the function room and there was a wedding on that night. The room was perfectly acceptable and when some friends popped in on their way out mentioned that our bathroomwas bigger than theirs!

We took breakfast at 09.45 and there was still plenty of choice. It is standard fayre but it is all cooked and presented well.

All of the staff we encountered, this included house keeping, reception and restaurant were all extremely pleasant.

Final observation is that the hotel is showing a bit of wear around the edges. Also, a little disappointed that HI continue to try to stiff customers for WIFI access (£5 for an hour). Apart from that a nice stay for £50 for two B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Response_TA, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear motos_grad
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Haydock. I was pleased to read that you took advantage of our leisure facilities during your stay and that all the staff that you came across were pleasant.
I am sorry that you were disappointed in our internet charges however this is an area that we are currntly looking into as a company. As you had an enjoyable stay overall. I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

As a regular Holiday inn guest I am aware that across the spectrum some hotels try more than others . The Haydock falls to the lower end in my experience . In an ' Executive ' room having poorly repaired sink area , worn-through upholstery on the seating and noisy heating pipes that wake you unexpectedly all contributed to a less than good stay. The waiting staff were all very friendly and responsive and attentive , so please if the hotel management read these reviews , help you staffs efforts by giving this place a makeover!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Response_TA, Manager at Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Trinitraveller963,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologise for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay.

I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and attentive toward you, but was disappointed to read that the hotel furniture did not meet your expectations and that your sleep was disturbed by the plumbing. Your comments have been shared with the maintenance team for them to action accordingly.

I appreciate your comments and hope that you will consider visiting us again to experience the hotel in its true light. Should you wish to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

David Pickering
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked this hotel on the holiday inn website, received a confirmation email and confirmation no. from IHG, but was phoned at 20:30 (!) on the night of my booking by reception to be told there were no rooms left and I would have to go to Warrington! If I had booked Warrington originally it would have cost £13 less!
Apparently they left it till 20:30 as they were accepting guests until the hotel was full and tried to blame there booking system (there own international website booking system!!)
If you're travelling with a family or have no transport... beware!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Smithy036

Dear , Smithy036

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Let me take this opportunity to apologise for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced as a result of being out-booked. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please contact me directly at the hotel

We appreciate your loyalty and hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

David Pickering
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Exactly halfway between New Forest and Perthshire this hotel is perfectly situated at 250 miles from both to make driving a pleasure. Just North of Manchester and Liverpool Motorway Junctions. The rooms are a good size, the lifts always work the buffet evenings are fantastic, the TV's are large, the water is hot the location is quiet (even though not far from motorway) facilities are excellent, staff are friendly, chef is excellent ( I asked for a dish not on the menu and it was prepared beautifully) etc etc

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Richardnailortwo

Dear richardnailor

I was delighted to read that Haydock is your favourite Holiday Inn - please be assured that I will pass all your great feedback onto the team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night at the Holiday Inn, Haydock on a Bed, Breakfast and Dinner package, and were very impressed by the quality of the rooms and the staff. Our room was exceptionally clean, and the food was excellent, with a good choice of Dinner items and a first class breakfast.
The only criticism that we have is that the hotel chose to add a "discretionary" 10% gratuity to our dinner bill, and did not draw our attention to it. I had it removed, and chose my own level of tip. I strongly object to having a gratuity added to my bill anywhere, as I am sure many people pay it either because they do not see it is there, or are too embarrassed to ask for it to be removed, even when they have already left a tip at the table. Apparently it was mentioned in the (very) small print on the menu, but we certainly did not see it.
I am sorry that this has taken up most of my comments, because we really enjoyed our short stay, but maybe the hotel will take note!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear skirlaughtravellers

I was delighted to read that you feel Haydock is one of the best Holiday Inns and that you were impressed by the quality of our rooms and our team. I will certainly take onboard your feedback regarding lack of communication of the discretionary gratuity which was added to you bill. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your short stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.