We had the misfortune to stay at this hell hole for 2 nights in April 2012, at Easter.
Having booked a 2 night stay to travel to Liverpool and watch the Reds at Anfield, we ended up checking out and leaving the hotel during the first night.
The hotel rooms are filthy, the bathroom had black pubic hair covering the bath, sink and floor. It has obviously not been cleaned for a while.
Worst of all, the hotel seems to be some sort of gypsy party venue with children running riot until the small hours. We complained to reception several times about children running through the hotel and slamming doors and kicking/smashing anything in sight. The noise continued until 2am, at which point we left and found another hotel.
We were offered no refund and even had to pay for a full day's wireless Internet despite only using it for a few hours. The manager made no attempts to contact us after our complaints.
Avoid this hotel if you can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Haydock Hotel is superbly located just off Junction 23 of the M6 next to Haydock Park Racecourse and serves as a gateway to the entire North West Region. In close proximity to Manchester and Liverpool via the A580 that links the two cities. Also within a 15 mile reach of the hotel are the towns of St Helens, Warrington, Wigan, Leigh and Bolton.The hotel offers Standard, Executive and Accessible Rooms all offering High Speed Internet Access and all are Air Conditioned.The Holiday Inn Haydock combines an excellent range of facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free* The hotel has full Leisure and Fitness facilities, Restaurants and Bar serving food and drinks throughout the day, 24 hour room service. The hotel also caters for Conference and Banqueting events for up to 180 people making it an ideal location for Weddings, Seminars and Training courses. Parking (including a total of 4 accessible parking bays) is free for all guests using the hotels facilities The hotel makes the ideal base for visiting local attractions including Haydock Racecourse, Liverpool , Trafford Centre, Manchester United Football Club, Manchester City Football Club, Liverpool Football Club, Everton Football Club, Wigan FC and Aintree Racecourse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Haydock m6, Jct 23 Hotel Newton Le Willows
- Newton Le Willows Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Newton Le Willows
- Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23 Newton Le Willows, Merseyside