“Some good visits some bad”

The Pied Bull Hotel and Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My father in law likes this place - we've had good visits and bad. If they're busy the food seems to suffer. If they're quieter then all is good.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have eaten here many times over the years for both business and pleasure and it always comes up trumps. A good homely atmosphere with airs and graces. A good value for money establishment.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Comfortable bed in clean room and helpful staff. Set against this is the room was slightly small and there was a lot of noise from the bar downstairs.
The beer is good and there are nice touches such as, newspapers in the bar.
All together had a comfortable night.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've lived and worked in the Warrington and Manchester area since 2004, and my wife and I have been lucky enough to have been able to move to Newton-le-Willows in March this year.

It's one of those towns that has been able to keep its charm (thanks in part to its conservation status), and to go with it, it has some of the nicest pubs and restaurants in the area.

We consider the Pied Bull to be our local. Staff are always friendly, and the food always excellent and plenty of it! Anyone who can manage their starter, a main, and a dessert deserve a medal!

Thouroughly recommend.

1  Thank MikeSJ-59
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My mom and I stayed at the Pied Bull in August and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms are small but spotless and very comfortable. The food is plentiful, reasonable and very, very good. The best part of our stay, however, was the staff. They are lovely and couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely stay at the Pied Bull again and recommend it to anyone travelling to the area.