Did an 'overnighter' here on the way to the ferry at Haysham and it was perfect. No lift but reception staff ready to assist with baggage and the rather complicated room numberings. The room was a good size and had all you could need. Spotlessly clean but some staining and crack on ceiling near the corner which I found next morning to be due to the flat roof overhead.Rooms are due to refurbishment so not a problem.
Had a quiet night although there was a wedding party in the hotel and an event in the marquee.Grounds were lovely and I had a walk round the pathway outside before breakfast,which was buffet and fine with a good selection to choose from.Probably better than the dinner the night before which also had a good selection on the buffet unless you were a veggie when it became very limited.Staff were very efficient and helpful at all times and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Hotel, part of Mercure Brand operated by Accor Hotels, is perfectly placed for exploring Merseyside and the north-west - or enjoying a day at the races. Located exactly halfway between Liverpool and Manchester, the hotel is just a mile from the famous Haydock Park racecourse. Local attractions include stately homes, the region's industrial heritage, and Britain's biggest designer outlet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Haydock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Haydock Hotel Haydock
- Thistle Hotel Haydock
- Haydock Thistle Hotel
- Mercure Haydock Hotel Merseyside