“Clean, helpful staff, value for money and most of quiet!”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed August 1, 2009

First of all I thought modern quirky hotel, but boy was I wrong, the staff could not be more helpful the rooms were very clean and the overall condition was a well maintained hotel, we only wanted a room for the night as our horse was running at Haydock Park, I know it's a bit out from the course, but well worth it, our friends were staying at the Holiday Inn and The Thistle, they had complaints! we were very smug about our choice........I would thoroughly recommend this for a short stay and the breakfast was to die for plenty and cooked very well, and we are fussy. Only carp only two pillows on the double bed would liked to have two each...I know picky...but otherwise a very good clean and personable hotel....well done staff

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 20, 2009

What can I say, wasnt expecting much, but as they say never judge a book from its cover, the htoel provides excellent food at decent prices, fantastic bed and plenty of TV options. Like the fact that the hotel breaks the norm, wooden floors instead of carpets and fantastic styled bathroooms, would I stay again? you bet I will when I am in the North West again. Only downside its not close to a train station which made getting into Liverpool a little akward. Overall though fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I stayed here as a solo traveller 21 yrs & female. At no point during my stay did I feel in any way uncomfortable; I actually had a very pleasant stay.

The hotel itself I found to be a perfect location - literally just off the M6. I used my satnav and got to the hotel with no issues whatsoever so I have no idea why some people found they had issues finding the hotel by satnav. That caused me a bit of unnecessary worry but I am glad I managed to find it okay.

You can tell this hotel is either very new or has been newly refurbished. My room was just the same as that advertised on the hotel's website. The bed was very comfortable, right temperature and with the usual things you would expect like a tv (flatscreen!) and tea/coffee facilities. What was an added bonus was the free internet which was just so easy. You didn't even have to ask for a password or anything you literally plug in (RJ45 lead in your room already) and go.

On arrival to my room I was aware that the rooms are basic which is fine, but did create a bit of an echo and I could hear people talking a little from other rooms. As I got to my room about 8:45pm I was worried that people may be talking when I tried to sleep but I needn't have worried as I heard no further talking from the initial stuff. It was surprisingly quiet and I got a great night's sleep. This is probably the best night's sleep i've ever had at a hotel.

I stayed for the breakfast in the morning. I loved it. There was everything you could possibly imagine (well, enough for me anyway). I have heard complaints from review websites that it was too greasy - it's fry up style so yes it was a bit but not enough to put you off - it wasn't over the top.

Foods - bacon, sausage (lincolnshire style), beans, mushrooms, hash browns, fried egg, scrambled egg, white bread for toast, granary style bread... continental section so various meats and 2 types of melon, yoghurts (mullar little pots - sealed) and fresh fruit. Also cereals too. There was also a variety of juices and hot drinks. What more could you ask for? I thought it was a fab representation of a good English breakfast and buffet so you can have what you want. Then you have the continental bit and cereal/fruit.

The service at breakfast was good too - I was on my own and the staff came to speak to me and explain how things worked (i.e. using the toaster) and asked how I was. I was instantly put at ease and tables were laid already etc.

On checking in the evening before the lady on the reception desk had advised me there was a large coach party staying at the hotel (not that I heard them at all) and would be having breakfast at 7:30 so it'd probably be best to come down for breakfast at 8:30. I thought that was really nice and even though I would have been going down about 8:30 anyway it was nice to be given the heads up.

The shower in the room was open i.e. there is a shower and toilet almost next to each other. The shower was a power shower and the temperature was alterable so I had no concerns at all. Someone had written that their shower had flooded their shower room due to being allowed to go around the toilet and all over the floor. All I could ask is how on earth did you manage that?! 1) you either stood on the open space where the water drains through on the floor, like a big plug hole with a grate over or 2) you were in there *forever* with the water running on max or 3) you might have lied? I had no issues yes the water went a bit towards the toilet but not enough to stop me using it and the stone flooring worked in a way that made the water dry quickly. I think some people really just look to complain.

Loads of channels on the TV including ITV2 & radio channels.

Other stuff - note pad on the bedside table, plenty of loo roll, 4 towels, cups in the shower room, plenty of tea/coffee (no hairdryer but then I brought my own anyway), comfy bed, warm enough room, reading lights that worked, tv that worked, shower that was warm and every aspect of the room clean. No noise that bothered me. I would sum this up at one of the perfect stays i've ever had.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I have stayed at every haydock hotel ( 3) when i have visited haydock racecourse but was VERY impressed at the standard of the Ramada Encore, the hotel itself is nearly new and the rooms are amazing with wooden floors and wet room bathrooms more like a 5 star boutique hotel, in addition the hotel bar was good but the hotel has a brewers fare type bar in there carpark which does amazing food carvery etc so we did not use the hotel bar to much, the breakfast was also very good and i am a fussy so and so. all in all the hotel is a must if you are visiting haydock as the other 2 hotels are very very dated and expensive . forgot to add the rooms are only £49 which is amazing for the quality of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My family and I stayed at the ramada following a day at the races and were very impressed by its staff and accomadation the rooms were modern ,clean and comfortable and the breakfast was varied and well presented.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed December 10, 2008

This was a great find. I needed to be somewhere in the NW for meetings in Warrington and Skipton and staying here meant an hour's drive across to Skipton, 15 minutes to Warrington. The hotel is new and the bedrooms were clean, practical (desk, sofa) with free Internet (!) and a power shower! Fantastic value bed and breakfast. Staff were great. I tried the hotel bar food on the second night and was really surprised - the quality and presentation were well above average. Location is good, just off the M6 and easy to commute to where I needed to be. Would recommend this hotel for any stay, much better than the Holiday Inn in Warrington which is old and tired and in all respects better than the more expensive Marriott in Preston (almost - Marriotts have fantastic beds, the bed and linen were good, but not outstanding)...

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Visited this new 100 room hotel situated on the A580 near to Junct 23 of the M6 Central for Liverpool and Manchester. The place was immaculate. The staff most helpful and polite. The rooms were very well appointed. Ideal for short breaks or business meetings.

Eat next door at the Lymewood Farm Carvery, Food excellent and very good value.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Holiday Inn Express Leigh - Sports Village
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!