“Groupon deal”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here to eat as I had a Groupon voucher and it's very local for us. 2 courses and a glass of wine for £19. Wasn't expecting much at that price but we were pleasantly surprised. Food was good, like a decent pub meal for the main course and lovely desserts. Despite there being a function in progress, the service was friendly and efficient. If you're passing through on business or visiting the area, this would be a good place to be

• Stayed: February 2014
Marie_Miller_GM, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Philip,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Ramada Encore Haydock, I am pleased to read you were happy with the product and I hope you will choose to dine with us again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We recently had to visit this Hotel twice within a couple of days.The initial visit was on a Saturday night .The Receptionist was very friendly and booked us in quickly.The stay was uneventful but a little noisy as the races had been on earlier that day.The room was clean but basic which is what we expected.The second visit was during the week.The Hotel was very quiet and we slept well.A bonus for us was that they allow dogs to stay for an extra cost of £10 per night ,although they are not allowed in the public rooms I.e. lounge area.We would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 205 was a quiet room but it was during the week.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandolin1955

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Not suitable at all if you need to work using your i pad from your room. Had to keep going down stairs to get a code to use the computer. The room was not ready when we arrived at 5pm even though there were lots of empty rooms.

Room Tip: Arrived and room not ready, no duvet cover, no hair dryer. Unable to use I pad in room you had to go...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am sorry to read that not everything was to your satisfaction.
The Wi Fi is only available in our public areas, however some first floor rooms can pick up a signal, the broadband internet is accessed from the bedrooms using the desktop connector, I'm sure had you contacted reception they would have been more than happy to read you the internet codes as you required them.
I am sorry that the rooms were not ready when you arrived at 5pm I will investigate this with our housekeeper.
Once again thank-you for your feedback and I hope you will choose to stay with us again the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here after a day out at Haydock races. All was paid for by our daughter as a Christmas present.
The room was clean and tidy but the décor was basic, the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a very tasty evening meal and I was surprised at the cost, it was very reasonable for a hotel.
The following morning when we went down for breakfast ( £7 extra) it was an all you can eat full English buffet and I really could not fault any of it, everything was fresh and cooked to perfection.
The only criticism I can find is the traffic noise from the main A road which runs alongside the hotel.

Room Tip: rooms to the front of the building are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Brian,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back. We take our guest feedback very seriously and as a result of numerous comments regarding road noise we now provide complimentary earplugs available from reception.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Me and my partner arrived at the Ramada Encore in Haydock on November 30th last year, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist and made a quick transaction and went to our rooms. The rooms were standard with basic decor, but served their purpose. After going out with friends and having a meal at a near by restaurant we returned and had a few drinks at the bar and relaxed in the lobby, which was nice. The staff members were friendly and hospitable and the drinks were good value.

We then went back to our room with some wine and relaxed, my partner then sat by the window as she was hot and felt unwell, at this point some people were picking somebody up from the hotel and started shouting drunken abuse at my girlfriend, so I intervened and shouted back. As a staff member went outside I heard a drunk girl shouting "she was smoking out of the window", which wasn't true as neither of us smoke! We laughed it off and continued watching television. About 15 minutes later, at well gone 1am, a male staff member rudely intruded our privacy and knocked on the door as we were getting ready to sleep. I answered to see what the issue was only to be bombarded with incoherent ranting about smoking and then he just left with no explanation, this was very unprofessional behaviour, not only was it rude and intrusive but in no way did he attempt to apologise for knocking on our doors at gone 1am. The next day in reception a different member of staff mentioned a £50 charge for smoking in the room which was rectified quickly and professionally when we mentioned what actually went on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Jake,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted to read you were happy with the facilities and the majority of my team, I am sorry to read that your enjoyment was compromised by other guests and I will certainly investigate your comments regarding the incident at 1am, please accept my apologies and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Booked into this hotel for a week on business, checked into room and stayed for less than 30 minutes! It's been decorated on a budget, white walls (with stains) the cleapest laminate flooring, small bed very low to floor and when I sat on it and spring coiled and hit my thigh! Looked like previous guest was Freddie Krugar as the bathroom door has scratches across it, deep ones! (My colleague in next room had the same marks on her bathroom door) there was dirt on the curtains and as I paced the room my colleague next door could hear me walking around and talking on the phone! Checked out!! The lady on reception seemed to take this very personally! We didn't complain, we simply stated we needed comfort as we had long business days, we didn't even mention the stains or lack of cleanliness!

Good points, other members of staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you did not find our facilities comfortable, our brand is designed with the short stay corporate traveller in mind and I appreciate it may not be suited to ladies away from home for weeks at a time.
In relation to the decoration and maintenance issues, we are now 5 years old and have experienced a bit of wear and tear, we have a programme of painting and repairs in place for 2014.
Once again thank-you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night only. Lovely Hotel. Rooms were lovely and had a glass bathroom, stunning with a power shower. Breakfast was buffet style with all you can eat. Rooms were warm and cosy and had a great night sleep. would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back at some point in the future.

Marie Miller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Holiday Inn Express Leigh - Sports Village
Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!