Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$64
$57
Travelocity
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens(Haydock)(Great Value!)
$45
$61
$70
$74
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Warrington Gemini(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$42
Travelodge
$77
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Warrington North East Hotel(Warrington)(Great Value!)
$74
PremierInn.com
All reviewseast lancs roadhaydock racesnational holidaysroad noisecar parkwalk in showerfull englishcontinental breakfastwet room showerpub next doorcoach tripst helensmain roadwould stay againsofa bedlymewood farmshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for New Years party and had a great time, room clean and food nice both buffet and breakfast. Bit of a wait between main meal and dessert and could of been more entertainment for children but other than that really enjoyed it

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here last night (31st Dec) having booked thru Hotels.com. On our way in a group of people stopped us and told us they were leaving as the hotel was a disgrace; rooms dirty and staff rude. We were obviously a bit worried. However, our room was spotlessly clean and staff really helpful. We arrived at 6.30pm and the hotel were obviously very busy with large New Year's Eve parties. I enquired if we could order some food and the staff were most helpful in getting something for us from the menu. Make no mistake - This is a no frills chain but our room was clean, the bathroom well appointed with a nice shower, free Wii Fi, large bar area with comfortable seating and our food both in the evening and at breakfast was fine. It is good value. I also overheard a coach driver from a large party of guests complimenting the staff on the way his passengers had been treated. I do sometimes wonder what people expect for £35. I would stay here again if in the area.

My only criticisms are the bed - far too hard and therefore uncomfortable, and the pillows- clearly not very good quality, and so although the hotel was peaceful both my husband and I did not sleep as well as we would have liked. So please hotel, upgrade your beds and pillows.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen798
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went here for our works christmas party last week! What a mistake. The week before the date we'd booked, they rang to ask if we would change dates as bookings were low.The tiniest bar so took forever to get a drink. They keep running out of things and having to go to the cellar so you'd be waiting even longer. Charged us for 5 vodkas when we only ordered and received 2.We where put in a tiny meeting room with no atmosphere . The soup arrived it was only just warm. The main arrived , they served the first 2 people on our table then went to the rest of the room. 5 minutes later they came and took they 2 plates away and said they shouldn't of been given then!!!! We left as soon as the meal was done. Shocking service , what a waste of money .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kerryy1984
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Kerry,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your Christmas party and I am of course disappointed you have chosen this forum to voice your issues rather than directly with me when I checked on your table during the course of the evening.
Unfortunately the waitress delivered two meals to your table in error, she did then remove them and we served your whole table fresh meals. Please accept my apologies for the error at the bar, I can only assume that the girls made a mistake but I hope it was resolved efficiently and to your satisfaction.
In relation to the room and atmosphere, the room allocated was based on the numbers in attendance, the DJ was playing Christmas themed background music during dinner and the disco started immediately after dinner and we provided table service for drinks for the convenience of the party goers.
I am sorry you did not enjoy your event given the opportunity I would have tried to address your issues at the time and made every effort to ensure you enjoyed your evening.
Kind regards
Marie Miller

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stopped here for 1 night as it was used by the holiday company we booked with to see the big reunion tour in Manchester. When we arrived the hotel didn't have us booked in at all and asked for confirmation as though we had gate crashed a coach holiday as everyone else was booked in just not us and they didn't seem to believe we was with them and the staff at the reception didn't seem to know what they was doing at all and wasn't helpful either. Whether it was the holiday company fault or the hotel's we don't know. After waiting about 10 mins we got a room finally and was told the sofa bed would be made up while we was out but it wasn't and ended sleeping in the same bed as other person I was with as I'm disabled and couldn't make the sofa bed up myself. The rooms are big light clean everything you would expect really. Evening meal was booked and you was asked what you wanted when you arrived but was pointless as when it came to it they asked you again as they had no idea what you ordered in first place. Meals aren't bad but you don't get a lot and starter looked like cropped up onions and it was melon with strawberry sauce on. Main was cottage pie but served with potatoes for some reason with spouts/carrots but no gravy. Dessert was nice but very small. Breakfast is a lot nicer as you can help yourself to all different things and eat as much as you want. Plus staff at the morning was a lot nicer than the evening ones. If you get the rooms on the road side then im afraid you feel like your sleeping on the motorway as its very noisy with traffic no matter what the time. Apart from not been booked in trouble I would stop here again and would prefer to choose a room not on road side and needs to be more choice on menu for evening meal as they're hardly anything to choose from

Room Tip: One not on road side as its very noisy and feels like your sleeping on middle of a motorway
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here after breaking down on route to Scotland from manchester airport. Staff were very accommodating, letting us use facilities until we tried to sort out car. Stayed over night as was too late to get car sorted. Hotel is very clean, bedroom warm, tea coffee facilities. Went for breakfast in the morning, the breakfast was really good, nice and warm and a good selection to choose from. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple