“Okay for a one night stay”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here on business, and found it to be Okay, little basic perhaps. the rooms are modern and clean with Internet available for free via a jack point in the room, biggest problem was the room was very hot (heating off) and to open the window was allowing all the noise in.

We were going to eat here but a coach party had just sat down and we were told it would be an hours wait as the chef was by himself.

Breakfast was good, buffet style offering a range of cereals, croissants, orange juice, tea/coffee via a machine and cooked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Andrew,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read you enjoyed breakfast, I am sorry that dinner was not available when you required it.
Once again thank-you and I hope we can be of service to you again at some point in the future.

Kind regards
Marie Miller
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a very warm and friendly welcome when we checked in.Clean and comfortable room.Then the tour buses arrived and we were forgotten. Our room wasn,t cleaned and our tea and coffee supplies were not replenished. When we went to the resturant for an evening meal we were told we could not have any food as they had to cater for the tour buses.We ended up eating at a nearby Little Chef not quite the meal we had anticipated.If only we had been told on arrival we would have made alternative plans to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Barbara,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you felt neglected upon the arrival of the coach party, I will certainly address this with my team, I am also sorry that we were unable to accommodate you for dinner at the time you required as the coach party had pre-booked dinner. I will also address the issues regarding your room with our housekeeping department please accept my sincere apologies and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Kind regards
Marie Miller
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights as part of a large tour group. The servers were amazing! I wish that I could remember their names. I believe Diane was te most helpful. Modern rooms conviently located to elevator and stairs. Roomy lobby with wifi.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed just one night at the Ramada Encore in Haydock. The room was fine, the food was fine, everything I'd expect from an average priced hotel really, except the customer service. I checked in early afternoon and went straight back out to visit friends (the reason for my stay), I arrived back early evening and at around 7pm I asked at reception (when someone finally decided to come and see what I wanted after I'd been waiting there for 10 minutes) what time was the restaurant open, I was told it was open now, but they had a big party of American tourists in so didn't know if they'd be able to fit me in, I explained I only wanted a light snack and I was on my own so just needed a single table, she went off and asked, but no, they had no room for me, so I went up to my room and had a shower and rested for a while, then at 8PM I decided to phone down for room service instead cause I was getting very hungry by this stage and couldn't wait any longer for the Americans to finish their meals. I was told I would have to come down to the bar to order and pay for the room service then they could bring it up to me - kind of defeats part of the object of room service in my view, so anyway I trotted off downstairs and waited at the bar, and waited, and waited, finally someone came to see what I wanted and when I said I'd like to order room service I was told, they're not taking any orders until they've finished serving in the restaurant, I explained I was happy to wait for the food, but just wanted to place the order so I could go and chill out in my room and not have to keep coming downstairs to see if I was allowed to order room service yet. I was told that was the chefs decision, but I could phone the order through (despite being told otherwise earlier by the receptionist!). So I went back up to my room and at 9pm phoned down for room service (by this time I was feeling sick cause I was so hungry!), it was the receptionist I spoke to again, and yet again she told me I'd have to come downstairs to order and pay for it. It was at this stage that I started to lose my patience with her and told her I wasn't very happy with the service I was getting, explained my whole situation from start to finish and said I'd like a discount on my room service for being made to wait 2 hours before I can eat dinner, she said she'd get the manager to call me regarding that. Which he did, I went through the whole scenario again, he said I only have to pay downstairs if I'm paying by card and I should have been told that, he also said I should have been told about the large party of Americans and that they would be closing the restaurant and room service for a couple of hours (I wasn't told any of this, if I'd had I would have stopped off somewhere for dinner on my way back to the hotel!) and he then offered me my room service free of charge.

Unfortunately though the poor customer service didn't stop there.

In the morning I went down for buffet breakfast, it was the usual selection; cereals; hot breakfast; continental (although the continental selection was very limited), but I stood at the 'wait here to be seated' sign for quite a while before any member of staff bothered to come over, she took my room number and said 'ok thanks'. I was actually expecting the 'have you eaten here before? No? Well you have such and such over there' etc etc, but no, she just said 'ok thanks' and turned away, when she realised I was still stood there for a few seconds she then said 'you can just help yourself'. But still didn't show me what was where - I know I have my own eyes and can look for myself - but every other hotel that I've stayed in always gives a brief run through of where everything is.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Haveing searched local venues to host my sons baptism failing find a venue that suited our needs .we called into Ramada Haydock on first meeing the staff where highly profesional helpful and willing to taylor a package that suited our guests .The stress of arrangeing a baptism party was alleviated by the cooperation of the hotel manager .The day was truely perfect the food was of a exceptional high standard and the service was second to none .I would wihout resevation reccomend Ramada Encore for functions .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

first the good , handy for the area . now the bad , rooms (115) key card tricky, t/v 6 channels out of 20 working other rooms had less.no air con in the room so had window open and noise of busy (A580) Liverpool to Manchester all night , wet room and toilet floor wet and slippery . food, dinner small portions and rushed better to walk across car park to restaurant, breakfast cold but a lot as you help yourself , no inter-net and where is the gym . staff try there best but cost cutting ever where , not a fan of open plan but o/k for one night " MUST TRY HARDER 6/10"

Room Tip: get room over looking car park not main road
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Business trip to Haydock Park therefore this hotel was convenient, although there are others closer by.
Excellent value for money. Easy to find. Plenty of parking.

Rooms were functional. TV Channels very limited.

If hotel spent a little more money on thir pillows then it would rate more highly, in my view

Room Tip: I suspect a room at the rear of the hotel is better, which is what I had as a room at the other side...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Mercure Haydock Hotel
#3 of 3 in Haydock
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
#1 of 1 in Newton Le Willows
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Central Liverpool
Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!