“Absolutely terrible.”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
“Absolutely terrible.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Shocking shocking hotel. DO NOT BOOK IF WITH A GROUP.

I stayed in this hotel as part of a large group and it was the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered. Here are a few of the many faults.

Staff attitude was disgusting. Manageress was the worst. She made our stay very uncomfortable. She complained about everything the younger group members did.
She would get shirty if you asked her for anything that wasnt available.

The meals were shocking. We were given our meals by staff who near threw them down in front of us. And theportion sizes wouldnt even fill my 16 month old. Some food was not cooked correctly. So we asked for self service which they said they would do. On second nite they set up the self service but staff stood at hotlplate and rationed out the food. Again miniscule portoon size. Desert wasnt even worth waiting for. Frozen Iceland gataux. Once last person walked from hotplate everything was very quickly removed so noone could attempt a second helping.

Dark haired waitress was seen by myself leaning on elbow against hotplate eating gum (open mouth eating too).

One nite the adults in group didnt even get desert so when we asked they brought out the smallest portion of frozen cheesecake ever.

We were given water with every meal. No juice and no sign of post meal coffee.

Packed lunches were provided. And again very very sub standard.

During manageress's day off the other members of staff apologised about her. They even told us that she is a "b###h" and no one likes her. Very unproffessional.

Rooms were shocking. Very plain. My wet room and few others I spoke to had flooding. The shower filled the whole wetroom and even trickled into bedroom. To use sink I walked in an inch of water.

They advertise free wi fi. Yes but only of your within 20 metres of front desk. No rooms had wi fi at all.

I have stayed in many hotels and this is the number one worst customer service experience. I understand that we were on a group booking and price was group price, but I know they cut so many corners that they made a big profit especially with meals. Drfinately didnt get moneys worth.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Gush37
gmhay, Owner at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I believe you are the coach driver for the group? I am saddened that you have used this forum to express your views and I will make contact with you personally with my full response.

Kelly-Ann Grimes
Operations Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
newcastle
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business and really enjoyed the experience.
The reception/check-in was quick and painless and the same was true of check-out. All the staff I met were friendly and helpful and the service was exceptional throughout may stay.
This is a really good budget hotel and Premier Inn and Travelodge could learn a lot from these guys.
Clean tidy room with access to internet (free). Room service with no tray charge and a reasonable menu.
Overall...good hotel with good levels of service, much better than some other more expensive hotels that I have stayed in.
I will definitely be returning here.

Room Tip: Room s at the back do not overlook the A580.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rapidresponder
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Checked in smoothly, room was clean and adequate, not overly large, but sufficient for our needs. It had a wet room which to be honest I dont really like, I had requested a bath but to be fair the hotel did tell me they are all wet rooms.

For the £25 paid, I would say it served our purpose. The breakfast was adequate but definately not as good as the Premier Inn version. We had to wait for eggs and other items to be cooked even though there were only a couple of table in occupancy in the restaurent.

If you want luxury, go elsewhere but definately better than a Travelodge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bucharest
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived there in a sunday afternoon. The receptionist was very nice and polite. The room is big, very well equiped, with a leather sofa, internet connection for free, The restaurant was ok, I had a pizza and it was decent, not like italian pizza, but for my hunger was just good. Good sleep, it was warm and quiet. I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank eneacsu
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend. We spent a bank holiday visiting Liverpool and Manchester, as we didn't have a well defined plan, we decided to stay somewhere between the 2 cities. We found a good offer in Ramada Encore Haydock, and I have to say that the hotel is very good value for what we paid (£87 for 3 nights, no meals)

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was good sized, didn't face the dual carriage way, so it was quite. Unfortunately the mattress wasn't very comfortable: we could sleep, but I missed my home mattress to be honest. The shower was a wet room: I am not a big fan of wet rooms but it was fine. The room had tea and coffee making facilities, which was much appreciated, as well as free car park, which was useful for us.

We had breakfast one of the days in the hotel, the waitress was very friendly, asked if we needed any eggs or anything else (we were the last guests to have breakfast). I wasn't specially impressed with the breakfast, but it was fine. The rest of the days we just had a coffee in the bedroom, and went directly to visit things in Manchester or Liverpool.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean budget hotel with friendly staff, and if the mattress had been more comfortable, I would have given it 4 stars instead of 3.

Room Tip: try to get a room that does not face the dual carriage way.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here with work colleagues and it was just ok. It was the Grand National weekend and the hotel was full but at 7pm there was only one receptionist checking us in (12 in the queue), not great forward planning fro Grand National weekend. I didn't request but ended up with an accesible room. I would have liked a bath but as the hotel was full I could not move rooms. For £77 B&B you can't complain at the rate. Breakfast was ok but chef was on his own so couldn't make porridge or scrambled eggs. The rooms that back onto the main road have a lot of traffic noise throughout the night - avoid these. Rooms are clean and beds comfy.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that back onto the main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. All our rooms are fitted with wet rooms therefore we do not have a room with a bath. I am sorry to read that you could not get scrambled egg or porridge at breakfast, I will investigate this with our Kitchen Manager, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. Once again thank-you for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at somepoint in the future.

Marie Miller
Resident Manager
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

During my recent stay at the ramada encore in hay dock I was let down. After reading reviews on here I didn't think it would be to bad. I was wrong. There was a que as I was checking so I took anosey at what this hotel had to offer. At first I thought it would be a lot. Until I realised how understaffed it is. I saw in the restaurant the girls looked rushed off their feet. I was in a que of 3 and got seen to after only 4/5 minutes. The girl on the desk seemed stressed as she was having problems with a client complaining but she handled this well as well as checking the que in. She was really polite and couldn't do enough for me. The rooms are basic but it's okay for one night. I had a meal in the restaurant which the food came out messy. The girl behind the bar was friendly and had a laugh with me. So did the girl on the reception when she wasn't busy, they really made me feel welcome. From what I gather this hotel needs more staff. The hotel and the staff itsf are great. But they need more as its too busy. Thanks

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Marie Miller
Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Haydock hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Mercure Haydock Hotel
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel
The Gullivers Hotel
The Gullivers Hotel
#10 of 21 in Warrington

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!