“At £25 it was a reasonable experience”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Checked in smoothly, room was clean and adequate, not overly large, but sufficient for our needs. It had a wet room which to be honest I dont really like, I had requested a bath but to be fair the hotel did tell me they are all wet rooms.

For the £25 paid, I would say it served our purpose. The breakfast was adequate but definately not as good as the Premier Inn version. We had to wait for eggs and other items to be cooked even though there were only a couple of table in occupancy in the restaurent.

If you want luxury, go elsewhere but definately better than a Travelodge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived there in a sunday afternoon. The receptionist was very nice and polite. The room is big, very well equiped, with a leather sofa, internet connection for free, The restaurant was ok, I had a pizza and it was decent, not like italian pizza, but for my hunger was just good. Good sleep, it was warm and quiet. I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank eneacsu
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend. We spent a bank holiday visiting Liverpool and Manchester, as we didn't have a well defined plan, we decided to stay somewhere between the 2 cities. We found a good offer in Ramada Encore Haydock, and I have to say that the hotel is very good value for what we paid (£87 for 3 nights, no meals)

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was good sized, didn't face the dual carriage way, so it was quite. Unfortunately the mattress wasn't very comfortable: we could sleep, but I missed my home mattress to be honest. The shower was a wet room: I am not a big fan of wet rooms but it was fine. The room had tea and coffee making facilities, which was much appreciated, as well as free car park, which was useful for us.

We had breakfast one of the days in the hotel, the waitress was very friendly, asked if we needed any eggs or anything else (we were the last guests to have breakfast). I wasn't specially impressed with the breakfast, but it was fine. The rest of the days we just had a coffee in the bedroom, and went directly to visit things in Manchester or Liverpool.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean budget hotel with friendly staff, and if the mattress had been more comfortable, I would have given it 4 stars instead of 3.

Room Tip: try to get a room that does not face the dual carriage way.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here with work colleagues and it was just ok. It was the Grand National weekend and the hotel was full but at 7pm there was only one receptionist checking us in (12 in the queue), not great forward planning fro Grand National weekend. I didn't request but ended up with an accesible room. I would have liked a bath but as the hotel was full I could not move rooms. For £77 B&B you can't complain at the rate. Breakfast was ok but chef was on his own so couldn't make porridge or scrambled eggs. The rooms that back onto the main road have a lot of traffic noise throughout the night - avoid these. Rooms are clean and beds comfy.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms that back onto the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. All our rooms are fitted with wet rooms therefore we do not have a room with a bath. I am sorry to read that you could not get scrambled egg or porridge at breakfast, I will investigate this with our Kitchen Manager, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience. Once again thank-you for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at somepoint in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

During my recent stay at the ramada encore in hay dock I was let down. After reading reviews on here I didn't think it would be to bad. I was wrong. There was a que as I was checking so I took anosey at what this hotel had to offer. At first I thought it would be a lot. Until I realised how understaffed it is. I saw in the restaurant the girls looked rushed off their feet. I was in a que of 3 and got seen to after only 4/5 minutes. The girl on the desk seemed stressed as she was having problems with a client complaining but she handled this well as well as checking the que in. She was really polite and couldn't do enough for me. The rooms are basic but it's okay for one night. I had a meal in the restaurant which the food came out messy. The girl behind the bar was friendly and had a laugh with me. So did the girl on the reception when she wasn't busy, they really made me feel welcome. From what I gather this hotel needs more staff. The hotel and the staff itsf are great. But they need more as its too busy. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is my staging post of choice when driving between the North of Scotland and the Midlands.
Location is perfect, just 2 minutes off the M6.
Hotel is modern design, functional and clean.
Bar area is comfortable, food is good, staff friendly and helpful.
Great value - well recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I appreciate your kind comments and I hope we can continue to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here as part of a coach holiday stop over and couldn't really complain.
Nice and modern interior and outside area. Check in was quick and efficient and the lady was the very nice. Rooms were spacious and fairly modern, although the laminate floor was a bit dated and worn out. The toilet seat was also a bit cheap and nasty.
Our evening meal was included and so I don't think it was the quality which appeared on the main menu. The food was overall acceptable, we ate it all, however it wasn't brilliant. The lady (irish accent) serving seemed to have been thrown in at the deep end and I think she did the best for what she had (i.e. It came across as though she knew she was serving food which wasn't the best so was a bit weary with it). A large family asked to be seated separately but she wouldn't do this for them. However she did go the extra mile and set up specific tables for breakfast for the large families of people.
The bar wasn't as pricey as expected (less than £4 a pint) however it was served in beer glasses so the pint just went flat straight away.
A decent nights sleep was had. No problems with our room, although a few people had problems with their rooms but staff were sent up straight away to sort out any of these issues.
Breakfast was good.
Overall a good stay which was slightly tarnished by a poor quality evening meal. We noticed that a few people had ordered things off the main menu which looked a lot better quality - if we had know we could do this then we certainly would have. This was paid for by the guest and would be a brilliant sell-up for the hotel/restaurant to get that extra money off people.
The staff were all helpful and happy.
The pub over the road was brilliant, the food looked AMAZING and looking back we wished we had just eaten there instead - definitely recommend doing this. Good selection of beers/ciders in the pub over the road and we spent the night in there (however it closed at 11pm which we thought was early for a saturday).
Would stay at this hotel again if in the area

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
#1 of 1 in Newton Le Willows
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!