“Not good enough”

Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Haydock
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of times over two weeks and I never felt that I was getting a good deal. My bedroom felt stark and un-homely. The room had a laminate floor which gave a slight reverb/eco to the sound in the room and a cold feeling. There were no cupboards or draws available and so my luggage remained in the open which made the place feel cluttered. The TV reception was atrocious and despite the information booklet it did not provide radio reception. The broadband was the slowest I have ever come across and was frustrating to the point that I gave up using it. The breakfast was as boring as could be.

The first room I had was on the road side and I was unable to leave the window open for the noise of traffic, but I needed the fresh air because the showroom smelled of bad drains. During my second stay I asked for a room away from the road and this was a definite improvement.

The only good feature of my stays were the comfortable beds, but I would not wish to stay here again. If you do stay here be sure to ask for a room away from the front so that you can open a window without suffering the constant noise of traffic.

Room Tip: If you do stay here be sure to ask for a room away from the front so that you can open a window with...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
gmhay, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations, I will investigate your comments regarding our broadband and TV.
Once again thank-you for your input.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

just had a overnight stay here with newmarket holidays who i have to say an excellent company, but the choice of this hotel for our evening meal was a disaster, they were obviously out of there depth serving two coach parties. The chicken was dry covered with some insipid sauce , and the cheesecake was something else! my finger was fatter than the piece of cake . Plenty of staff but no-one clearing tables it was left to us to do this, we spoke to the duty manager who said they were doing there best! HOTEL OK FOR BED AND BREAKFAST BUT NOTHING ELSE.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i am sorry to read you did not enjoy your experience, i will address your comments with the Duty Manager and Chef.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. I was informed there was a large group on the way for dinner and so the restaurant might be busy later on. With that I thought I'd eat early before going to my room. Again the service was good ordering from the bar. The presentation of the food looked rushed. And although it tasted nice I could tell it had been heated so quick as part of it was burnt around edges. After I asked if they could tell me what the desert specials were. After the waitress went to ask the chef she came back to inform me they don't have time to do any deserts as they had this large group on the way. They hasn't arrived at this point. I felt this let the dinner service down.

The room was well presented and very clean. The bed comfortable and plenty of pillows. The bathroom again was clean and the wet room was nice.

Breakfast the next morning was nice and staff helpful.

Overall I'm very impressed and I would certainly stay here again!!! I just hope the chefs don't rush the food next time as it let it down ever so slightly.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and you found the staff pleasant and helpful. please accept my apologies for the incident regarding pudding, I will address this with the Kitchen Manager, you should not have been refused anything.
Once again thank-you for your kind comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and i stayed here with a Newmarket coach trip to see the Autumn colours at the lakes. The hotel was very welcoming, comfortable and nothing was to much trouble. We were late arriving for dinner on the first night but our tour guide phoned ahead and the hotel held dinner for us which was roast pork and excellent. The breakfast at the Ramada is everything you would expect, hot full English, fruit, cereal toast, yoghurt never ending juices, tea and coffee. The hotel were hosting a wedding on the Saturday evening but this did not interfere with our dinner arrangements, and we were very well catered for. For a package week-end we could not fault the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the road side at the hotel which is a bit noisy early in the morning

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have used the hotel two or three times but have only stayed a couple of nights at a time we stay there because we have family close by its not somewhere i would stay for longer periods.We have always had a good stay rooms bright and clean cant comment on the food have never ate there.

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will continue to use us when you visit the area in future,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were traveling to the lakes and traffic was bad on a friday evening so thought we would drop off and stop at an hotel.
Well when we got the friday eveing it was good to hear that they had a room for me and my partner and our gran son then told there were no more cots available, not to worry we had a travekl cot we hauled up the the room.
Went to the pub for somthing to eat as we thought the resturant was shut as there was no one in there.
Rooms were clean but the decor is very bland all painted white with white bed sheets and the lan=minate floor was very noisey at 6 the next morning the room above decided to leave with the clatter of high heels for an hour.
The bed was the most uncomfortable i have ever slept in hard and every time you move it made a right noise so didnt get much sleep all night

Room Tip: ask for a comfortable bed lol
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mick q

Dear Guest,

thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, i am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay and I hope should you choose to stay with us in the future that we can meet your expectations.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We always get what we expect from this place. Booking in advance it's usually only a few quid more than the Travelodge across the road, and yet it's in another league in terms of comfort and cleanliness. We always use it to split our journey from Scotland to the south, being in a good half-way location.

The rooms are huge, well heated and / or ventilated depending on the time of year, and spotlessly clean. There is very good soundproofing against the constant motorway noise, and in general we never hear a soul, even when the hotel is busy.

My only complaint is that dinner is a bit of a shambles.. we can't comment on the quality because we've never been able to eat here.. it's always full of coach tours of conferences.

Breakfast is optional, and for a fairly reasonable 7 quid you get the whole buffet. To be honest, you won't find much better nearby either.

Is it luxurious? No, but for your budget price, you get a comfortable clean room, a good sleep, and an optional breakfast for a reasonable charge, and it's just off the motorway. You can't really complain. Better than any travelodge in the country.

Room Tip: Book in advance, and have prior arrangements for dinner, either here or elsewhere. I also recommend...

Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased to read that the facilities you use and the service you recieve is satisfactory, I am sorry to read that you have been unable to eat here, Dinner should always be available however the times that we can offer dinner do vary depending on what has already been booked, should you experience difficulty in the future please speak with the Duty Manager and they will make every effort to accommodate you.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Haydock
Mercure Haydock Hotel
Mercure St Helens
#3 of 3 in St Helens
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Leigh - Sports Village

Been to Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock? Share your experiences!