The Royal Bridlington
  • Breakfast included
$179
$174
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstim and fionaquilting retreatfresh fruiton arrivalkipperssmoked salmon and scrambled eggssea viewfull englishmonday to fridaypiping hotsitting roomgolf breaklots of choicelovely walkwell stocked barblack puddingthank you very much
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took 22golfers to stay here on june14 for a weekend golf outing .the hosts could notb have been more welcoming,everything was organised for us,the rooms were very clean ,the bathrooms exceptional,when we came down for breakfast we could have been in one of the best hotels anywhere, the service and variety of food on offer was to the very highest standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank arty18
Maxine10, Owner at The Royal Bridlington, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Hi Arty18
Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased you and your colleagues enjoyed the YorkshireCoast Golf package at our guest accommodation.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We bought the stay via groupon, so upon arrival we had Champagne and Strawberries. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming, the cleanliness of the rooms extended to the entire of the hotel. Great location, only a short walk into Bridlington centre. The only thing that let it down for us, was the bar area wasn't open on any of the nights we were there; so coming back from our meal we only had our room to sit in. Other than this, I would highly recommend the Royal to stay in.

• Stayed: April 2013
Maxine10, Owner at The Royal Bridlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hello Blues81990
Many thanks for your comments, but we must point out that our bar is always open - you just need to ring the bell for service. Unless we have a very busy function or dinner, we do not staff the bar and instead we leave a card and bell on the counter with instructions to ring for service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've just read a couple of other reviews on here and thought for a moment that I was reading about a totally different hotel because my experience was really, really positive! In fact, right after typing this I'll be booking another few days stay without a trace of reservation, and am already looking forward to it immensely.

I'd come to the Royal Bridlington solely for a patchwork workshop with one of the UK's leading quilters and didn't have any expectations regarding the hotel at all. However right from the moment I entered the building I received nothing but outstanding and thoughtful service from all the staff. The owners Tim and Fiona were extremely lovely, and made me feel utterly at ease as a single traveller. Their attention to detail during my stay was really kind and very welcome and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel - in fact as far as I'm concerned I genuinely can't see the point of looking anywhere else quite frankly.

As well as Fiona and Tim all the staff I encountered, from the cleaners to dining room staff, seemed really happy to be there. The atmosphere in the hotel was lovely - all the staff seemed happy and content, and were clearly cared about. This seemed to rub off on the staff's willingness to please and care for their guests as well, and contributed to a really lovely stay.

The food during my stay was outstanding - from the home-made selection of biscuits and cakes, to the fabulous buffet breakfast and lunch not to mention the superb dinner, quite frankly I've never eaten better in any hotel or guest house in my whole entire life. As a vegetarian of 27 years, I have come to expect very ill-thought out and below-average meals when out and about, and even at quite expensive restaurants I've been offered just a plate of vegetables and a pile of rice in the past. However I can honestly say that in my whole life I have NEVER had better vegetarian food outside of a vegetarian's own kitchen than I had at the Royal! They really did make a very big effort and went the extra mile to make sure my stay was just as good as everyone else's, and from what the other diners were saying, their meat-based food was fabulous too!

My room was very nicely decorated and very comfortable with a good view of the sea, and I slept very well indeed. Although I visited in April I imagine it would be wonderful in the Summertime as it is right next to the seafront, and Bridlington is a lovely town. However for me, what made my stay really special was Fiona and Tim's personalities, as they are both really lovely people who genuinely want all their guests to be happy and who definitely go the extra mile to try to ensure that they do, so I was truly surprised at some of the comments here as that definitely was not my experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Hi Tina W
Many thanks for your comprehensive review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your
Patchwork and Quilting retreat and we look forward to welcoming you back in October for the Pat Archibald Retreat.
Best wishes

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at The Royal for 3 nights. Lovely clean friendly hotel but room small. Bathroom adequate. Bed uncomfortable and lumpy, room stuffy at night and windows wouldn't open. No food available at dinner ( unless hotel is very busy ) Cooked breakfast was good and choice was very adequate. Friendly hosts and within walking distance of town.

Room Tip: Room 2 was first floor, small, clean and could see the sea but not directly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stardrops
Maxine10, Owner at The Royal Bridlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello Stardrops
Thank you for your comments. We really must point out that all our bedroom windows do open and we cant understand why you thought otherwise and if you did think this perhaps you could have pointed this out to us during your stay and we would have been only too pleased to assist or even provided a fan.
All our beds were replaced with top quality hotel contract beds from Mattisons - the same company who supply many four star hotel chains /cruise ships etc. but it is impossible to find a bed to suite everyones taste.
The Royal Bridlington is our home, we are a guest accommodation and not a hotel. As all of our guests were booked for only B &B we had no stock or staff on hand or roted to provide an evening meal. We do provide dinner when requested and when numbers are sufficient to cover staffing costs.
All our rooms are well in excess of the required size for a guest accommodation however for those who like a little more space there is always the option to upgrade to a larger room.
We are pleased you enjoyed our fresh and cooked to order breakfasts and our cleanliness.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was excellent and the location was right on the front and a short walk frm the town centre. Parking was easy, although this is not a busy time of year. Rooms were well decorated, but on the small side. We would definitely come back

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi Craigchickin

Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed your stay.