I've just read a couple of other reviews on here and thought for a moment that I was reading about a totally different hotel because my experience was really, really positive! In fact, right after typing this I'll be booking another few days stay without a trace of reservation, and am already looking forward to it immensely.
I'd come to the Royal Bridlington solely for a patchwork workshop with one of the UK's leading quilters and didn't have any expectations regarding the hotel at all. However right from the moment I entered the building I received nothing but outstanding and thoughtful service from all the staff. The owners Tim and Fiona were extremely lovely, and made me feel utterly at ease as a single traveller. Their attention to detail during my stay was really kind and very welcome and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel - in fact as far as I'm concerned I genuinely can't see the point of looking anywhere else quite frankly.
As well as Fiona and Tim all the staff I encountered, from the cleaners to dining room staff, seemed really happy to be there. The atmosphere in the hotel was lovely - all the staff seemed happy and content, and were clearly cared about. This seemed to rub off on the staff's willingness to please and care for their guests as well, and contributed to a really lovely stay.
The food during my stay was outstanding - from the home-made selection of biscuits and cakes, to the fabulous buffet breakfast and lunch not to mention the superb dinner, quite frankly I've never eaten better in any hotel or guest house in my whole entire life. As a vegetarian of 27 years, I have come to expect very ill-thought out and below-average meals when out and about, and even at quite expensive restaurants I've been offered just a plate of vegetables and a pile of rice in the past. However I can honestly say that in my whole life I have NEVER had better vegetarian food outside of a vegetarian's own kitchen than I had at the Royal! They really did make a very big effort and went the extra mile to make sure my stay was just as good as everyone else's, and from what the other diners were saying, their meat-based food was fabulous too!
My room was very nicely decorated and very comfortable with a good view of the sea, and I slept very well indeed. Although I visited in April I imagine it would be wonderful in the Summertime as it is right next to the seafront, and Bridlington is a lovely town. However for me, what made my stay really special was Fiona and Tim's personalities, as they are both really lovely people who genuinely want all their guests to be happy and who definitely go the extra mile to try to ensure that they do, so I was truly surprised at some of the comments here as that definitely was not my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star Guest Accommodation, 18 en-suite bedrooms, located in the beautiful South Beach area. All rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, colour TV, DVD players, CD radio alarm clock, hairdryer, Wifi and most have a sea view. Spacious dining area on the ground floor, with a large dance floor and fully licensed bar, enclosed garden and private parking. Friendly staff and great food. All bedrooms are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Bridlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Bridlington Hotel Bridlington
- Royal Hotel Bridlington
- The Royal Bridlington United Kingdom