“Family weekend”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bridlington
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Family weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Staff brilliant room spotless breakfast very nice Ideally located for Spa. Can't comment on entertainment as we went out on an evening but did return and have drinks late evening /early morning. Again staff were brilliant. We would stay there again and have rebooked. Only negative didn't like the coffee or sausages Thanks for great time

• Stayed May 2014
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We read all our reviews and take any negative feedback very seriously and try to resolve any issues swiftly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed overnight at the Monarch and was greeted in a very friendly manner by the manager. The room was spacious and very clean, with a superb sea view.
Location was excellent right opposite the Spa, and close to the harbour.

Breakfast was served by very helpful and friendly staff, nothing too much trouble and plenty to eat!
Will definitely stay here again. well done to all concerned.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jane S
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had a great time celebrating a friends birthday. We arrived on a very stormy night Richard on reception was very friendly. Our room was clean and beds comfortable and the food was good. The best point for me was how helpful and friendly the staff were they make the hotel what it is what lovely people. We were with a great group of friends and laughed all weekend. Downside for me was the entertainment.

Room Tip: 2nd floor with sea view and balcony and 5th floor rm41 was nice and comfy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Hutchy60
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review following your stay at our Hotel.

I am delighted to learn you enjoyed the hospitality shown by our team at The Monarch.

The staff work very hard to provide good levels of customers service and they will be very pleased to see this acknowledged in your kind review.

Pleased you had a great weekend away and had a good time celebrating your friends birthday and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our Hotel for future celebrations.

Kind regards
coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our coach party was at the Monarch for 4 days over the New Year. The manager and all staff were great, nothing was too much trouble for them. Food was a good range of choice served quickly and always hot and plentiful. Right opposite the beach and theatre, and within easy walk of the shops. Rooms were comfy and warm, with an extra heater in the wardrobe if it was needed. also an iron. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank abigailCoventry
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed as part of a Grand U.K Holiday at the Monarch. From the minute we arrived and were met by the brilliant Corie and the Manager Steve our holiday began. We did not stop laughing from the start of our holiday ,the warmth and helpfulness of all the lovely staff was "top notch" and could not be faulted. Rooms warm and clean and the superb ,beautiful view from our fourth floor room will be remembered for ever.Watching the sun rise over the sea was truly wonderful.In the dining room Mark was our star. All the waiting staff were very good but Mark was unique,certainly not to be beaten ,nothing was too much trouble and we laughed so much at his "strange language" ,every lovely mealtime was a joy. Corie our Tour Manager is a remarkable lady ,so caring, thoughtful , and a champion comedian and our tours around Yorkshire were a joy .Corie's love of Yorkshire is unsurpassed and she should be a ambassador for the Tour de France when it comes to Yorkshire next year. The entertainment by Corie as Shirley Bassey and Andy Pandy also Elvis was remarkable. We would love to return to the Hotel and please dont change from the best Hotel ever,thank you.

Room Tip: Sea views from higher floors ,wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GinnyMaylandEssex
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team who will be pleased to read them.

We pride ourselves on the level of service provided and your comments are certainly reflective of this.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

camridges
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

me and my wife have just come home from the monarch hotel the hotel is superb the manager steven should be very proud of all his staff it was a fantastic holiday very good room very good food and plenty of it the entertainment was very good if anybody wants a good holiday the momarch hotel cannot be beaten we will certanly be going back thanks to all

Room Tip: we had room no 7 very quite and well placed
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ganderbear
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us recently.

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to manager and his team who I know will appreciate the feedback. Your comments certainly reflect what we strive to achieve so thank you again.

Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have just returned from my third visit to the Monarch Hotel in Bridlington. I was there with a local Charity Group from Skegness on a 'Turkey & Tinsel' Break.

I have reviewed this wonderful Hotel twice before, so I am going to try not to repeat much of what I have already said as you can read my previous two reports for yourself.

In this report, I want to concentrate on the excellent service and the staff at the Monarch.

I'm going to begin by mentioning a new member of staff who I had not met on my two previous visits - Suureen. Suureen is a truly remarkable person. Absolutely NOTHING was too much trouble for her. She went above and beyond the 'call of duty' with the service that she provided for our group during our stay. The members in my group have learning disabilities and special needs, and one of our members has problems with his appetite and does not want to eat much. He has to be gently encouraged to eat for his own well being. Suureen was very attentive to our colleague and managed to get him to eat something at meal times. She was also very kind and caring when we had to call an amblance as this member suffered an epileptic fit just prior to sitting down for our last meal. Suureen got down on the floor and was very kind and gentle to our colleague, reasurring him throughout that he would be okay.

I have never, in all my experience of staying at Hotels, come across such a wonderful, devoted and dedicated member of staff. She is a credit to the Company, and I cannot find the words to tank her enough. She 'waited' at our tables during all meals and took the time to make sure everyone got what they wanted to eat, even 'tweaking' the menu if need be.

I simply cannot thank Suureen enough for her kindness.

Now, moving onto Corrie, the Hotel's Entertaimnents Manager. My group was not part of her tour, but she invited us to join in with her activities, and it goes without saying that we did. Corrie a a 'natural' and a lovely lady. The 'games' she organised after our evening meals and just prior to the evening's entertainment, were extremely funny and very entertaining. Have to ever played 'Farmyard Bingo' before? She also took part in the entertainment on our last night and she was a joy to watch and listen to. I do not want to give away too much in case you are about to visit the Monarch, but let us just say that 'Shirley Bassey', the 'Grumpy Old Git' and the 'Queen' were extremely funny. Where Corrie finds the energy from I simply do not know, but if you are on one of her tours, lkook out for her 'T & P' stops.

Steve, the Hotel's General Manager, was again, extremely proffesional and very helpful. There is always a 'Welcome Meeting' at the Monarch, where special attention is given to 'Heath & Safety,' but not in a boring way. This is what 'good managent' is all about.

I think if I was to sum this up by stating that the Monarch Hotel in Bridlington, is perhaps the ONLY hotel that I have stayed in where I simply do not want to leave on 'Check-Out' day.

My THIRD visit now, but certainly not my last. Please check out my previous two reports on the Monarch for more information and personal thoughts,

Room Tip: Its the Monarch - what more do you want?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gazza1960
Gemma A, Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us recently, particularly as you have previously stayed at the Monarch Hotel.

I really was very pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Steve and his team as I know how much these are appreciated.

Thank you again for your continued support of Grand UK Hotels and we certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future, whether at the Monarch or one of our other properties.