Expanse Hotel
Travelocity
$123
$86
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmarine barsea viewcounting housedirectors boxthe secret gardenself cateringsea frontpay and displaysilver servicerestaurant staffnorth baylovely hotelfunction rooman upgradelounge areaflamborough headwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is now quite a dated hotel and the staff weren't the friendly Yorkshire types I was expecting - its a great location overlooking the North Beach though and away from the busier bits of Brid.
I found the staff a bit distant and uninterested - a good example is that at breakfast they had a choice of sitting me by a window or by a wall and they sat me by the wall - I asked to be moved to the window to be told the table was laid for dinner (with a sigh) - they did mmove me though

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank r6mt03blue
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

called in for a bit of lunch on a cold Monday afternoon beautiful piece of rump steak with all the trimmings £6.95 well cooked, great value. mac and Adam, friendly and happy bar staff . A good steak and a pint of fosters for under a tenner, great.

• Stayed: November 2012
martonian, General Manager at Expanse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

The Marine Bar, our CAMRA awarded pub, serves real ales and good food and value in friendly surroundings. I am very happy to pass you remarks on to Mac.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

It's the Cattell clan again, just to say what a wonderful job you have given us over 2012 and look forward to 2013 with trepidation.
To get greeted by the Reception staff, all the names I can't remember, my wife could, she's not here, all with a smile on their faces, then the job-bodies, Eliot, Simon and the name keeps missing of the third, I do know him, the Waiting staff, Steve, Chelsea, Louise and a few others, they can't do enough for you, it costs you money but again why not, the Chef Paul ( he comes to see us when he's on, both in and out of the restaurant) and his crew, without which we could not eat properly, the butterfly steak is where Paul scored with my wife, I have only one hand that I can use, but even the roasted meats are easily cut by the fork. Our thanks to the Bed-makers etc, there are times when my stroke does not allow me to leave the room, they talk while they work, I'm afraid the three names are lost to my memory.
All we can say keep going you lucky Lasses and Lads, see you soon.
Carol, Keith, Paul plus two grandsons on occasions.

Room Tip: Rooms, generally are excellent down to good, Sea facing is the best, Land-lubber style is down as Good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments, and we hope that you will be back again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here several times - some rooms are great whilst others could do with a refurb. View from some of the rooms is quite nice. Overall would stay here again as few hotels in Brid have wifi and this one does just ask for one of the nicer rooms facing the sea.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
martonian, Owner at Expanse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your review about the hotel bedrooms being hit and miss; however, as you can imagine, with a hotel of its size, there will always be some rooms that need redecorating. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future in order to ensure that your stays have more "hits" than "misses".

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed for one week whilst on business, the food was not great and expensive. The room was very dated and looked like a youth hostel with two single beds and a bunk bed even though I stayed alone. It was ok but not what I expected, the bed was very comfortable though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 33Joey1982

Thank you for your feedback on your experience during your stay at the hotel. It is my understanding that you were booking into the hotel during a very busy September day, where availability for the week that you requested was limited to the Family Room in which you were booked. With regards to your experience of the food offered, I was surprised to hear that you felt that the food was expensive as the hotel, along with the adjoining Marine Bar, offer a wide range of food, which usually suits most budgets and dietary needs. We hope that you will return to the Expanse in the future so that you can have a better experience of the hotel, which caters for a wide range of guests on a daily basis.