“Excellent food, service and pleasant surroundings”

The Lamp Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 202 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent food, service and pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I can't stress enough what delicious food we had, brilliant!
For mains my wife had venison with black pudding mash while I had rabbit and black pudding casserole accompanied by nicely cooked fresh vegetables of the season, while not often seen in a veg dish the beetroot was delicious.washed down with a good chillian red win......we'll be back!

Berwick St John
“A thoroughly nice place for dinner”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Staying next door at Bestworth House, I was recommended The Lamps and with the rain pouring down, it seemed a better option than walking around town. I was really glad I made this choice as The Lamps is a thoroughly nice little restaruant with great food and a very cozy atmosphere. There is a lovely gentleman 'front of house' who's wife does the cooking and I can certainly say she knows how to cook a steak. The house wines are also very impressive and good value for money. All in all, an enjoyable experience.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“One of a kind in bridlington”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We had a meal at the lamp as a table of 4. The food was beautiful and as the title suggests it's the first if it's kind of dining in Bridlington. The food was cooked spot on. Starters were duck and black pudding for 2 of us which was beautiful and a lovely sauce. The 3rd was the fish starter and the 4th was a ceasar salad which was a lovely, fresh crisp salad!
For main we all had the specials steak which was perfectly cooked. Waiting on service was good. Not intrusive but always around.
Really impressed with the place. The atmosphere is cosy and welcoming and you don't feel rushed. We will be back

2 Thank andreamoi
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
“Perfection :)”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I took my pregnant fiancee here for a romantic meal, the whole atmosphere was perfect, spacious with plenty of room to have a private conversation.
The male manager was very attentive and knew his wines very well.
but this was nothing compared to the food which was to die for.
my fiancee had onion and cider soup which she said was the best homemade soup she has ever had, followed by the venison special, which was cooked to perfection and the black pudding mash was bursting with flavor.
I asked for garlic mushrooms to start as it is my favorite and was not on the menu, but they were very happy to oblige, it was so good i asked for it as a sauce for my fillet steak main course which again was perfectly medium rare.
we will defiantly be returning in the near future as in our opinion there is nowhere better in Bridlington to eat!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jon M
Prudhoe, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Chanced on this small restaurant while having a browse in the old town of Bridlington. So glad we decided to go in. Although it was approx 2pm and only a couple of tables occupied we sat in the conservatory and decided to have the two courses for £9.50. I had the best fish pie I've ever had, full of salmon, smoked cod and prawns with cheesy mash on top, absolutely delicious, followed by Eton mess again full of strawberries. My partner had the chicken with mushroom and garlic sauce which again he said was fab, served with roasties, carrots, broccoli, caulk and beetroot. He then had summer fruit crumble with custard which he said was to die for. It was definitely the best meal we had all weekend and I wished we had returned instead of trying other places which were no where near the quality. I would def recommend this superb restaurant and the luvly people who served us.

1 Thank Maureen S