“Charity Tandem Skydive”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skydive GB

Skydive GB
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Bridlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Yorkshire's only skydive centre! Jump for charity or just for fun with stunning views of the Yorkshire Coast.
Hull
“Charity Tandem Skydive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

What an amazing set of friendly, fun and inspirational people! Me and 4 other girls did a tandem skydive on Sunday in Bridlington, all for the first time, to raise money for one of the girl's 5 year old daughter who needs to raise £50,000 for an operation to help her walk. We was meant to jump on the Saturday but due to good old English weather, it had to be cancelled. Despite getting there at 7.30am on Saturday and then after waiting and hoping all day that the weather would change, we got told at 6pm it had to be cancelled, it was still a good day even though we couldn't jump, this was simply down to the staff being so jolly and friendly. On arrival all the staff were very friendly and welcoming, it was like we'd all known each other years! The attitude and commitment these guys at the Skydive centre put in to the day was unbelievable. While we was waiting for our turn to jump, despite the cold weather, it was very entertaining, such a good laugh. Everybody got along with each other, bit of banter every now and then which is a good especially when you're waiting for long periods of time for the weather to be good. We took the young ones with us on the Sunday and they was easily and happily entertained, with a football, football table and a TV what more could a kid ask for. Besides all the laughs, banter and liveliness, when it comes down to business all the staff are very professional, cannot fault them in any way, shape or form! From us arriving to us leaving, it was constant laughs. There is a cafe on site that serve hot and cold food and drink, these are very friendly too, and food is spot on! Photos from the camera man are ace, everybody I’ve showed have mentioned how good the photos are, I’ll be getting the video soon so that will be good to watch. Overall a fantastic set of people to go with for a skydive, really recommend these to anybody, even if you've got a fear of flying or heights or just the simple fact of jumping out of a plane, these are amazing! I'll be going back in a couple of weeks, very inspirational people. It was great to share this first time experience, which is for a 5 year old girl, with these bunch of people. Thank you to everybody at skydive GB Bridlington x

Skydivegb, Owner at Skydive GB, responded to this review, September 27, 2016
Thank you for the great review and it's good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I did a tandem skydive and it was one of the best experience's I have ever had. My instructor was alec flint and he was fantastic. All the staff were really lovely and the facilities are very good. I will recommend this to everyone and will be definitely be going again.

1 Thank broomy30
Thanks for the great review
York
“Thanks for making a dream come true xx”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Always wanted to do a jump and sadly mum died 05/10/12 from Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) & they needed people to raise funds for them and one option was a tandem jump bizarrely 1 year to the day of mums passing.
I booked through Skyline UK and I chose Skydive GB at Brid.
We camped over the night before and the staff made me feel very welcome. Weather was ideal. Alec, Sara and the team looked after me 100%. The DVD Sara did for me is fab and captured a dream coming true - Highly recomend!!

Skydivegb, Owner at Skydive GB, responded to this review, September 27, 2016
Thanks for the review and it's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us
Leeds
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Simply brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've now jumped at about 10 different DZs in the UK, and Brid is without doubt one of the best. It's a small DZ, but it copes brilliantly with fun jumpers and Tandem jumpers alike. I've introduced about 15 people into Brid for tandems, and point them here because the intimacy of the zone means all staff are approachable and open, so all questions are promptly answered, even when it's the 'bad weather' news. Other DZs can seem a bit cold in comparison, but Brid has a 'family' feel that relaxes everyone. Prices are what you'd expect for a decent skydive experience, the staff are organized and friendly, and the use of a hilarious 'bing-bong' PA system keeps everyone well informed of progress. The chap who complained must have hit them on a particularly bad day - I've seen the instructors jump over 25 tandems in a day without a hitch! And finally - the views. Climbing up over the cliffs of Flamborough you can often se as far as Middlesborough to the North and Spurn point to the south and as far as Leeds inland - simply brilliant!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank BrammersLeeds
Thanks for the great review
Hull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Great Place to Be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm a regular skydiver and I have passed through Skydive GB (Bridlington) several times, I don't know what it is about the place but whenever I go there I have the best of times. The atmosphere, although very Professional during operating hours, gives off the impression of being very relaxed and fun, it also happens to be one of the friendliest places I know, the best part is there is always someone doing something daft every time I go there which keeps people (the staff) amused for hours. Unlike a lot of other big skydive centres, when you walk through the doors at Skydive GB it feels like you’re walking into someone’s home, with the host standing with open harms welcoming you in. You’re made to feel at home immediately and there is nothing like seeing Tandem instructors greet Tandem students as if they were long lost friends reunited. The Staff who are a very experienced and diverse group of people of all ages made me feel so very welcome and have gladly helped me with my technique as I have progressed through the sport.
The only Issue with Sport of skydiving is the weather!! Some days you can be waiting for hours for the rain to stop or the clouds to part a little just to get that one lift up, which I can understand as safety is the many concern at all times during operating hours "It’s better to be down here wishing you were up there then up there wishing you were down here". The wait has always been worth it though, I rarely come across more spectacular views combined with the rush to match.
I would recommend the place to any one; families, groups of friends, the young the old, even if you get bored one weekend and don’t want anything to do with skydiving its worth a visit if you fancy a laugh.

2 Thank Hugh212
Skydivegb, Owner at Skydive GB, responded to this review, September 27, 2016
Thanks for the review - we really appreciate the feedback