“Nice food shame about the service”
Review of Five and Two Cafe

Five and Two Cafe
Ranked #4 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Bridlington
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I called in here for some lunch on a wet and rainy day there were 9 of us in total including the baby.

As the baby was sleeping I put him in the middle of 2 tables that we occupied and was told I can't put him there and to move the pram, I said no as he was asleep he wouldn't be leaving my sight. He huffed at me and responded the lady behind won't be able to get out if I do that, I wasn't sure why he said that as she was no where near the pram so I can only assume he was calling me fat :-)

When we ordered there were no please and thank you's very grumpy indeed. Any way the food arrived and was nice enough, however the stainless steel teapots need to go they are very 1980's and don't pour very well.

Won't be going back

4  Thank Willis0307

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We popped into Bridlington for breakfast and went here having found it on the net before leaving. We ordered our food and the guy serving us seemed a little disinterested so we were wondering what the food would be like.

When it arrived we were pleasantly surprised.... It was lovely and filled us up well - a great start to the day. It was just a shame the customer service wasn't great.

3  Thank bowenqs
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Slow service but nice food, there was 7 of us and everyone had a good meal. Strawberry Milkshake was great, they allowed us to rearrange the tables to get us all around one.

1  Thank Sheardypants
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have eaten here before and ordered food to collect before and generally am happy with the food and price and service, yet today the 9th march I rang at dinner time to make an order to collect and Sheila answered the phone abruptly, I could hear it was busy when I said "I'd like to make an order to collect" she said very sharply "I carnt hear you" I repeated it and the response I got was "I carnt hear you, I'm busy" and hung the phone up! I understand it was busy but she could have said I'm sorry I'm really busy and not taking anymore orders, if she had of done she would not have lost a customer! I know it was not my phone as I made a phone call straight after and the pause between speech made it clear she could hear me I won't be going or ordering from here again.

2  Thank Emalouise14
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The premises are clean enough and the food was okay and if a big breakfast is what you are after then this is the place to go. I think the friendly staff mentioned in previous reviews were having a day off today.

2  Thank Jessie W