“Not fresh but still the best in brid”

Busy Bees Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #44 of 213 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: British
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I Remember eating here with my grandma some 20 years ago and I have not found a better fish n chips in brid since (other than the other busy bees which is just as good). That's not to say however that's its the best chippy on the east coast, just the best in brid. The food scores a 4. It lacks a freshness that you cannot get from frozen fish (see previous review) but the value, service and atmosphere bumps overall to a 5. A message for 'Mr Bee' -If the reason for using frozen haddock is price then I ask that you have an option of local sourced fish as I would happily pay more.
Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit today, a trip to brid would not be the same without a busy bee's.

There are newer reviews for Busy Bees Restaurant & Takeaway

Reviewed December 23, 2012

But disappointed to read a notice near the till saying that the fish was from a Russian factory trawler which processes on average 40 to 50 tonnes of fish a day then the fish is processed on board then frozen.
Why can't the fish be purchased locally and support the local fishing boats?

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was i Bridlington looking to pechase a flat ..On my first visit my friend and we went here for lunch..
I am from York and have visited Bridlington many many times..As this restaurant was just round the corner we went in....The fish was excellent ant the chips REAL POTATO......mushy peas and a pickled onion...Wow fantastic...The following week i had to go back to Bridlington and i went back with my cousin again. and wasn,t dissapionted.......From now on every time i do go to Bridlington i will be going there.. Try it you,ll want to go bk......

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food was gorgeous and competitively priced.Went twice over a weekend..service was a little slow the second time

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We tried thes place on a Sat lunch time. The food and the service was very good. The large haddock that I had was lovely. :-)