“Excellent hospitality.... Phenomenal lemon 🍋 cheesecake”
Review of Roo's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Roo's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a creole grill, serving happy food to feed your soul!!!!
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Dave made me and 10 others very welcome and gave us all a sirloin and pint deal at a very good. Price even accommodating for the one awkward vegi in our group who wanted Quornd instead of steak cos he had one bad burger experience 25 years ago ... Excellent and would definitely recommend... Thanks Dave

Tanya L, Owner at Roo's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your cheesecake, all of our desserts are prepared fresh in house and our lemon cheesecake is the chefs speciality, so it is good to know they are appreciated, see you again soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went two days in a row. The food is amazing and the service is just as good. Highly recommended, A must if you are visiting Bridlington.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to see you again,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We needed a place to eat, Sunday evening, bank holiday weekend.
Most places to eat in Bridlington, stop doing meals after six on a Sunday.
Never knew Roos existed, found it on trip advisor. Anyway enough about that, lets get on with the key bit.
Roos Steakhouse is very well presented, Warm, clean and comfortable.
Very welcoming and friendly owner, great staff.
We all had steaks, I chose the 20oz Rib eye medium rare, cooked very well, proper home cut chip delicious. Now my appetite kicked in I had a Death by chocolate, (for one) this is a desert for two, but know one wanted a sweet, as they were full. They made a special one for me.... which is nice.
Well done Roos, made a good night out a great night out. Thank you, see you again soon.

Thank you very much for your review, we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Let me be honest from the start. I have previously written a very positive review of Roo's and suffice to say that I have had no reason to regret a single word of it. Why am I reviewing again? Simple: I can now speak from the point of view of someone who has been eating at Roo's for several months now on at least a weekly basis and has managed to work through a considerable portion of the menu!

Whenever Roo's crops up in conversation I have noticed that I tend to get this reaction: "Oh yes, that's the place down that side street isn't it?" and nine times out of ten they have never been. Therein is Roo's central problem, in my opinion. Location. It tends to bypassed which is a crying shame because it really is excellent from so many points of view.

For a start you've got Dave the Manager who has the welcoming and helpful host thing down to a fine art without being obtrusive. I have three tips for you when you deal with Dave and I stand resolutely behind every one. 1. Do not be afraid to seek his advice. Ask questions. Maybe try something a little different from what you were planning. Dave has never let me down yet. I was a religious carnivore for all of my sixty years until Dave persuaded me to try his Sea Bass. 'Nuff said on that score. 2. Following on from the first point if you are going to choose a steak ask him how it should be cooked. There may well be a difference between what you usually do and how it should be done. There was for me....and Dave was right damn him! 3. For the love of God try his cakes and desserts. All are made on the premises. No shop bought fare here. My two favorite recent memories are his cheesecake and his version of Black Forest Gateau which I will probably take with me to the grave! (the memories that is) This is not a place for people on a diet.

My response to the few negative reviews here tend to be of the "Well you can't please all of the people all of the time" variety although god knows Dave does his very best and is genuinely concerned if things have or seem to have gone wrong. What I will add for the record is that some of them I know for a fact are simply wrong. One for example mentions the frozen chips. ALL chips served in Roo's are fresh cut and made. End of story. Similarly I was once present when a complaint was made with a person insisting that on the previous Sunday when I had also been present they had been served mashed potato with the carvery. I assure you this was not the case. Roo's carvery did not serve mashed potatoes on that Sunday or any other yet this person absolute insistence despite all evidence to the contrary was puzzling to say the least.

I've seen a few comments about the wait. Again I will say only that the food is cooked from fresh so what do you expect. If you want fast food I'm sure the local fish and chips shops will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Give it a go guys. I have never regretted it and I have a strong feeling you won't either.

1  Thank Hungryguy2013
Tanya L, Owner at Roo's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thankyou very much for your review and continued custom. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your Food and service at Roo's. And Thankyou for your kind comments about Dave it is nice to know that his hard work and dedication is appreciated and does not go unnoticed, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Fantastic restaurant. child friendly and very helpful. The food is unbelievable due to the fact it is all made fresh. the chicken goujons are very succulent, love the fact that the desserts are all home-made. being gluten free it is good to know that they offer a selection of meals that i was able to eat. This is a return visit as i love the place and the people there very friendly.

Thank you very much for your review and look forward to see you again.