“Good value and interesting”

John Bull Rock Factory
Ranked #5 of 9 Tours in Bridlington
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This factory tour is a firm favourite with my two daughters. Although it is small there is enough to see and do for about an hour to an hour and a half. The staff who run the rock rolling and chocolate jolly making activities are very happy to answer questions and chat about how things work. There activities are an optional extra costing £1 each but are well worth doing. I like the fact that there are not included in the entrance fee as this means only the children pay for it and as the entrance fee is so low it is a very cheap trip out compared to some. Although sometimes quite busy my children are happy to wait because of the free sweet and biscuit samples on offer all the way around! The cafe attached is excellent value with children getting a meal deal (hot food, a drink and a bun) for only £2.50. I haven't ever used the attached soft play after but it looks good and would help make the visit last all day although it does cost extra. The shop has a great range of sweets and treats for all price ranges. We especially like the mis shape bags of fudge or rock for only £1. This place is definitely worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for John Bull Rock Factory

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

You would expect somewhere like this to be open on a weekend. We did, along with around another 10 people we saw go to the door within a few minutes on a Saturday afternoon. The brochure online has the opening times on, but this is in tiny font tucked in the middle of things. I was a little disappointed, and I could see the other visitors were too. Note to the owner, if you are a tourist attraction you need to be open at the weekend.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited the John Bull factory whilst stayinf in Barmston, we really enjoyed it and the prices are very reasonable. The kids enjoyed rolling their own rock and tasting the feeebies.We stood and watched the making of some bridlington rock, I was quite mesmerised by how the manage to get words through the rock! !! Call me sad but I was amazed!! We bought bagfuls of goodies in the shop and was very surprised that it didnt cost the earth!!!
Worth a visit if sweets are your thing!!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My kids and I thought it would be something interesting to experience a tour round this factory unfortunately my six year old at the time did not find this a pleasurable visit he was bored very easily. Staff were very pleasant wouldnt go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Decided to take a trip on 'The Tour'. I envisaged a person taking around a group of people informing us of the process of rock-making and so on. This was not the case. We (the three of us in our party) we told to go through the door and that was it. We entered the factory and just stood waiting for someone to come and explain to us what would be happening. Didn't happen. We just walked around ourselves and watched without any information given. Disappointing but didn't spoil our day. Rolled my own rock, without any supervision just told to get on with it.