“We return again and again!”

Azzurro Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #51 of 205 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Personally run 16 room hotel with reputation for providing a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and excellent customer service . Two onsite restaurants cater for all tastes and budgets. Our Bar Bistro is open for 12pm 7 days a week serving a huge range of meals for traditional to truly inspired. Looking for great value? why not try our 12-7 Menu with meals from just £7.75. If you like your food with a taste of the Mediterranean then Azzurro Ristoratne Italiano is for you. Open Evenings 7 days a week this award winning modern Italian eatery serves fresh stone baked pizzas, classic pasta dishes, steaks, burgers, seafood and much more. See our website for current menus
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
“We return again and again!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I eat here quite often with my family, as it's by far the best place to eat in the Bridlington area, in my opinion. The Italian has a lovely ambiance, but some of the tables are very tall with tall chairs, so be sure to specify if you don't want to be seated on tall chairs with no backs! The food is lovely and the portions extremely generous. The service has always been excellent. A little pricey, it must be admitted, but worth it!

• Visited April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Driffield, United Kingdom
“It was ok, nice place, slightly disappointing food”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My partner and I went as a treat one Saturday night, and I was very much looking forward to going as I'd often passed and thought it looked like a nice place to eat. I ordered the Crespelle Funghi e Spinaci (spinach and mushroom pancake) which was lovely and big, no complaints there! For my main I ordered the mushroom risotto which tasted more like rice pudding; it had obviously been reheated and possibly made a long time before it had been served to me. Wish I'd made my own at home! However my partner enjoyed his chicken with creamy sauce.

We had to be seated away from the main dining area as it was very busy and hadn't booked but they gave us a nice table so I didn't mind at all. We were sat next to a family with bad hygiene and their smell did ruin our meal a bit, although this isn't the restaurants' fault! However the head waitress (or owner/manager, I'm not sure!) talked about the family to us twice after they'd gone, it was a bit embarrassing!

Maybe I'd go again if I ordered a different main, but theres so many other places to eat I think I'd opt to try elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012
manorcourtcarnaby, Manager at Azzurro Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would like to thank the reviewer for their comments, I'm glad they enjoyed the pizza's but I would like to say that in the 7 years we have been open the menu has changed very little, we receive very little negative feedback about dishes and always sell every dish on the menu regularly.

Earlier this year we had a slight format change and swapped a few dishes as well as adding our new homemade burgers (which are proving to be very popular). We also work very hard to provide a wide variety of blackboard specials.

Again I thank the reviewer for their comments regarding service and we will discuss it with members of staff accordingly
“Saturday evening delights!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Fabulous meal with my wife and daughter (9), staff really helpful and accommodating. We shared a tomato and garlic bread to start, followed by fillet steak, tagliatelle with meat balls with a rocket and Parmesan salad. The girls both had room for puds too. Our second visit and definitely not our last.

“Great pastas and pizzas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Our fourth visit to this Italian restaurant and another great meal.

This is essentially a hotel but it has 2 restaurants, one is the Italian and the other serves what I would describe as English style pub grub. I have eaten in both sides of this establishment and would not hesitate to go again. They have an extensive menu which can be overwhelming if you are not sure what you want.

As far as the Italian side goes it is very good and authentic. The pizzas have thin bases and are cooked in a beautiful pizza oven right in front of you. The pastas I have tried are also very good and highly recommend.

If I have to make a criticism it would be that the prices are a little high but don't let that put you off going. Also the blue lights in the restaurant look more like fly traps and do not add to the atmosphere.

Yorkshire
“Best pizza in years”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really liked this place.

My starter was a mushroom pancake and was pretty good. But my pizza was absolutely superb, and the best I've had in years. It contained parma ham and parmesan and was simple but perfectly cooked. MY kids had pasta which was good rather than great. My wife had steak and chips which she raved about.

I'll go again just for a pizza.

• Visited January 2013