“lovely tea n coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandown Restaurant & Cafe' - CLOSED

Sandown Restaurant & Cafe'
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
leeds
“lovely tea n coffee”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

went in august nice place went back in October still lovely still nice staff very clean and welcoming place

Visited October 2013
1 Thank sami p

Nottingham
“exceptional service, great food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I cannot fault this restaurant! I visited with my husband and 5 year old son and we each chose a roast dinner, my husband and I watched our vegetable phobic son try each of the wide selection of vegetables including cabbage and announce to us that each of them was nice! The meals were well cooked a perfect size and a very reasonable price. In addition to this the service was exceptional. On our return home after our weekend away I remembered that I had left my son's cutlery on the plate in the restaurant, a quick phone call to them and they offered to send it to us, how lovely of them, next time we are in the area we will definitely visit again! Great food, great staff, great prices, thank you once again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ellie R
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review we are pleased you all enjoyed your meals and we look forward to seeing you again next time your in bridlington
Hull
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I visited the smaller of the restaurants, I'm not sure which address it is. I was tempted in by the advertisement boards outside and also the awards proudly displayed on the window. I ordered the roast chicken/turkey dinner (not sure which bird exactly) which appeared to be for the most part consisting of frozen products which were utterly devoid of any taste whatsover. As to 'good value' you can buy a frozen ready meal at the local shop at a fraction of the price which in my experience is far tastier.

Will not be eating there again!

• Visited September 2013
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, September 7, 2013
I have read your review and I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal I do however strongly disagree with you, your meal was cooked using fresh meat and vegetables but as you can not taste the difference between roast turkey or roast chicken and eat frozen ready meals I can only put it down to your lack of education
York, United Kingdom
“Sandown Cafe, Bridlington, lovely cafe, great food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself & my family visited the cafe last week and I have to say I couldn't fault it at all.
Gorgeous food, great prices, good customer service and lovely cafe, would definitely recommend to anyone.
Will certainly be going again on our next trip to Bridlington.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 06rd09
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to see you again next time your by the coast
Leicester, United Kingdom
“fairly average”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

visited this café after walking past many times in the past. we ordered a breakfast and a steak pie after the Cornish pasties were sold out. the breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about but the pie was very good. all in all the visit was average and would try the food again next time I'm passing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bigger01
don733, Owner at Sandown Restaurant & Cafe', responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi thank you for taking the time to write a review we are pleased you liked the steak pie, you felt the breakfast was average as what you would have had was the all breakfast which is a popular choice and is served after 11.30 am but if you call next time before 11.30 you will recieve a wide range of breakfast to chose from all including a free hot drink and made with fresh local sausages (not frozen catering rubbish) fresh local bacon, local eggs as well as fresh local mushrooms. Thank you for you review