“Warm and friendly”

Ranked #99 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
bristol
“Warm and friendly”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't normally review hotels I stay in, but I was so impressed by Winston House that I decided to do so...I am really glad I did as I feel "not very happy" is actually unfair. I only wish I knew which hotel they went to so I can avoid going there. Myself and my partner stayed for 3 nights the room was clean and tidy, well supplied with tea and coffee. Bathroom was great, bed was very comfortable. The reason I wanted to review was because of the staff, they were very friendly, very helpful, nothing was too much effort and it really made our stay even better. We will be recommending them and their hotel and are looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marcus b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Filey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

booked 2 nights stay 2 twin rooms telephone booking 6 week previous rang last wed to confirm was told yes def rooms for us . arrived friday to be told they had double booked and these things happen bad attitude ! we found another place near by and were told it happens a lot at winston house they dont check internet bookings . they could have rang us at least to warn us .

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank anne b

Travelers are raving about these Bridlington hotels

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Upon reading the reviews about this hotel I have to admit I was worried about what it was going to be like. But when we arrived there I was shocked at how nice it was. We had 2 rooms, 1 for my elderly parents and the other for me, my partner and our son. Both rooms were clean and tidy. The bathrooms were in excellent condition as well. The room that I stayed in wasn't the family room as that was already taken so the owner had put up a put up bed for our son to sleep in which was fine and saved us some money. The breakfasts were amazing we didn't want anything else to eat until later in the day. The owners were both polite and friendly and could not do enough for you to make sure that our stay was pleasant. Even the lady that helped at breakfast was really helpful and polite. We stayed for 2 nights 31st July 2013. We have just got back home and have booked again to go back in October. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach and about 5 min walk to the centre of Bridlington. Excellent Hotel

Room Tip: Any room would be ok. We had rooms at the front and back
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
doncaster
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, the accomodation was basic, but good and clean. They were very friendly and helpfull and we managed to park right outside the door. The location is very good, for everything, so we parked the car and left it there until we left. Will certainly go again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The weather forecast was good so I decided to go to Brid for a few days, checked a few websites and decided on the Winston, South street.
The owners were away but still had a friendly welcome,I was shown to my room on the first floor, it was,how can I describe it, bijou, but once I settled in it was quite adequate,everything I needed was there,it was clean,nice cotton bedding, bed and pillows just right.
In the morning a good breakfast was served.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the Winston House with friends for the weekend. Was told by the landlady rooms would be ready for 12midday, we arrived at 12.30 to be told rooms not ready come back at 2.00, so we went for a wonder round for a couple of hours,(no problem). Came back at 2.30, was taken to our rooms and i must say out of the four rooms we booked, our room was the biggest, and could do with some serious updating!!! The bathroom was almost as big as the bed room, and was o.k. The other three rooms were tiny, and also in need of updating. There was a tea tray provided and the cappacinno was two months out of date!!! needless to say we didnt touch that. The breakfast my husband enjoyed, said it was fine, me on the other hand am a vegeterian and no effort was made with me, i got beans, tomatoes and a fried egg, they didnt try and fill it up with mushrooms or hash brown(very poor).. Would we stay here again? NO... There are better B/B in Bridlington for the same amount of money. For location cant fault it, over all experience not the best... As said by all of us.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We enjoyed a two night stay.Great location great breakfast. On the downside turning on the TV was a little tricky and the bar was not open. Told to go to the off licence for cheap alcohol. However I would stay therer again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family