“Still a good Standard and Quality - If you have not visited then do so”

Fish and Chips at 149
Ranked #7 of 226 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Fish and Chips at 149 philosophy is that the customer deserves the best possible experience from the moment you walk through the door to the very last bite. We work in every area of our business constantly striving for the best possible results. Fish and Chips at 149 has two shops, one on Marton Road in Bridlington and the other, on Galgate in Barnard Castle. Come and say hello.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Despite the changes in one owner going to new pastures, the standard is still as High.

Fish was as it should be - White and flakey in a very light but crisp batter.

Chips where very good not greasey even for new potatoes.

A super experiance and well be going back again

Reviewed August 13, 2013

When this was taken over it was a fantastic chippy but its just gone downhill I think. The food isn't to great anymore and I can't stand the gobby girl working on the till. It's too busy now to get served quickly and I guess still riding on its previous successes. Speaking to a lot of locals they now go elsewhere. Having said all of that it is still far far better than any inner city chippy!

1  Thank Lordy9
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Been to 149 on a few occasions now, and usually very good, however of late, they have taken to asking you to order your fish on entry to the shop, which means that yes, its fresh, and that is good, but its also completly swimming in grease when you get it!
The batter is light and crispy, the chips are golden and chunky, the price is what you might expect from a chip shop with the amount of recent publicity its had, and the fork pack is a very nice touch of class.
The staff are polite and very friendly,and wait, if a little cramped at busy times, is not excessive.
Set in the residential area of Bridlington, this is a place to drive to not walk! and the parking outside the shop is non existent, but there is plenty of room in the neighboring streets.
All in all a good chip shop, lacking in its usual high standards due to grease sodden, undrained, fresh fish, if they sort this, their former glory will be easily recouped!
Hopefully the owners of 149 follow Trip Advisor as we do, and will take heed of this impartial and well meant suggestion.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

we have been going to 149 since march when we came to our static caravan,I must say they are very good fish and chips,and I love their fishcakes,the child portion's is big enough for most people,very good value.everything is so fresh as they cook to order ,so when you get home with them they're still piping hot.Even if you phone your order in they still do them when you walk in the shop which is best if you want them very fresh.this is a fantastic fish and chip shop,which as it's always full speaks for it's self.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This fish and chip shop is just around the corner from where we were staying. There was always a long queue but the staff work really hard to serve everyone as quickly as possible. The fish is cooked to order so there is a bit of a wait but worth it, who wants a piece which has been in the warmer for who knows how long! I had the cod and there was a huge difference between the freshly caught here and the ones where I live so I really enjoyed it. The batter was light and crispy, the chips just how I like them and the portions very generous. My husband arrived a couple of days later than me for for the weekend and I told him he had to try these fish and chips. He had grey mullet which I thought sounded awful but in fact is was delicious and I wish I'd have had this too. He waited a very long time because they had a lot of telephone orders but whilst waiting he had a good laugh with the staff and they gave him an extra sauce and a couple of cans of coke to make up for the wait, who can grumble about that? I think they also felt sorry for him because he had driven up straight from work at Leicester which took him 4 hours! Maybe other fish and chip shops in this seaside town are just as good I don't know, I can only compare it to my local which is inland. We would definitely eat here again without hesitation