“If you have a disability, do NOT go there.”

Yorkies Guest House
Ranked #114 of 118 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Leicester, United Kingdom
“If you have a disability, do NOT go there.”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I was informed by Yorkies Guest House they had disabled facilities and they would take our booking. They knew full well I was a full time wheelchair user from the outset.
On booking in we were told our room was on the first floor and the lady showed us to the lift.
I was a bit suspicious when she asked if my (bog standard 24") manual wheelchair would fit into the lift, I assured herI it would, but why was the question asked in the first place? Surely they had catered for wheelchair users before? On reaching the door of our room we were amazed to find it only measured about 20". "Can't you get out of your wheelchair and walk in?" our host asked. "Why on earth would I be a full time wheelchair user if I could walk" I replied sarcastically.
So, here we were stuck in the very good town of Bridlington, with nowhere to go.
Perhaps, in hindsight, we were lucky, first impressions were a very tacky boarding house and maybe they should have paid us for staying there.
Wheelchair users beware, it aint up too much and you could do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wheelchairjohn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
doncaster
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My wife and myself came to yorkies guest house in april 2010 . The staff there are excellent make you feel very welcome ' The young girl on the hotel side Sam was always smilimg and happy to help even though she was very busy. Rooms were very clean; excellent sea views . We like the front terrace were you could sit and have a drink in the sun. We enjoyed it so much we are gonna try to come back with a few friends in June .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loyals
Travelers also viewed these Bridlington hotels
Monarch Hotel
#53 of 118 in Bridlington
The Mayville Guest House
The Mayville Guest House
#75 of 118 in Bridlington

Been to Yorkies Guest House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Yorkies Guest House

Property: Yorkies Guest House
Address: 13-16 Pembroke Terrace, Bridlington YO15 3BX, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > East Riding of Yorkshire > Bridlington
Ranked #114 of 118 B&Bs / Inns in Bridlington
Hotel Class:3 star — Yorkies Guest House 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Yorkies Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Yorkies Guest House Hotel Bridlington